Followers
Following
Name
Alex Pler
Country
Spain
City/State
Barcelona
It was my last morning in Kyoto. I woke up early to visit this amazing place. There were other early visitors and not even the rain prevented us from climbing through the torii gates. The dim light created a haunting atmosphere.

A7C00840 (1).jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 20-70mm F4 G
  • 49.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 1600

A7C00812 (2).jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 20-70mm F4 G
  • 63.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 1600

A7C00820 (1).jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 20-70mm F4 G
  • 33.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 1600

Last edited:
Well done!
Isn't it surprising that the gates are more orange in person than the red you see in social media or brochures? That place made me realize that it is more interesting to take fewer pictures, with defined intent, than to take a bunch of tourist photos. I hope to go back one day...

Well done!
Isn't it surprising that the gates are more orange in person than the red you see in social media or brochures? That place made me realize that it is more interesting to take fewer pictures, with defined intent, than to take a bunch of tourist photos. I hope to go back one day...

I have been there 4 times and each time the gates had different colour because of the light. At sunset they are reddish, but yes usually they colour is more orange than you would think by the pictures on social media. That morning they were almost brown at times. They really are magical!

It's one my favourite places in Japan. I had my plane at 11:30 am but there I was 5 hours before visiting the shrine haha.

You are right about taking fewer pictures. This time I went for the foxes statues all over the place, that looked interesting under the rain.

New in Marketplace

Back