Fish A couple of underwater shots

Ian S

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Ian Smith
Now over the Jet Lag and starting to have a look at some results from the sea around Bali.
Banded Sea snake and a very grumpy tassled Scorpion Fish.

Bali Meno 24 22 Banded Sea Snake.jpg
  • ILCE-6500
  • E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
  • 47.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 125
Bali Meno 24 14 Scorpion Fish.jpg
  • ILCE-6500
  • E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
  • 44.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 160

Good shots and from my understanding the Sea Snake is one of the most venomous snakes about.
It is only to the fact that the fangs are to small to inject you that makes them safe to be around.
And Mr. Grumpy which Looks like a fish to keep away from, but is a great shot of one of them.

Good shots and from my understanding the Sea Snake is one of the most venomous snakes about.
It is only to the fact that the fangs are to small to inject you that makes them safe to be around.
And Mr. Grumpy which Looks like a fish to keep away from, but is a great shot of one of them.
Yes you're right something like 10 times more venomous than a rattlesnake, but simply not aggressive, even when they feel threatened. I've heard tales of local children standing on them and not been bitten. The scorpion fish could however spoil your day if you stood on it!!

Yes you're right something like 10 times more venomous than a rattlesnake, but simply not aggressive, even when they feel threatened. I've heard tales of local children standing on them and not been bitten. The scorpion fish could however spoil your day if you stood on it!!
The ugly one would spoil anyones day I would think. I am lucky as I am now scares of ocean waters due to living inland for so long.
So I would not be the one to step on one. Great shots and a credit to you for taking them.

Back