Name
Brian Nicholson
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Penicuik, Midlothian
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
This is an image I created a month or so ago as I made my way back down the hill to where I was parked and as I got close the road I saw the most incredible angular light from the rising sun create the contrast with layers of light and shadow on the hillside , I absolutely loved the sharp angles the landscape.

I have sat on this image for a while as I found it a particularly difficult one to edit, the sun was pretty harsh, I also tried it in monochrome but I like the vibrancy of the fresh spring greens that I feel convey a sense of the new season.

This was the first time I had used the TK9 plug in for Photoshop to help with luminosity masks.

This is the first time of sharing this image, for me I haven’t seen light and land work like this and I would welcome any critique or general feedback.

20240424-20240424-_DSC7339-Recovered.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • E 50-400mm F4.5-6.3 A067
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 100

Serene!

Beautiful light and well seen. I don't know that I could offer any advice without actually having a play with the image. I have been using the TK9 plug in for quite a while and it is a powerful tool but requires time to learn. Do you watch Dave Kelly's TK Friday on YouTube. I have learnt a lot from that. I also enjoy his enthusiasm. If I was to give any critique it would probably be to try to enhance the part of the land that goes across the middle of the frame from lower left to upper right somehow, to give a focal point. Maybe a subtle vignette. Worth experimenting with I reckon.

Thanks a lot 😊

This is an image I created a month or so ago as I made my way back down the hill to where I was parked and as I got close the road I saw the most incredible angular light from the rising sun create the contrast with layers of light and shadow on the hillside , I absolutely loved the sharp angles the landscape.

I have sat on this image for a while as I found it a particularly difficult one to edit, the sun was pretty harsh, I also tried it in monochrome but I like the vibrancy of the fresh spring greens that I feel convey a sense of the new season.

This was the first time I had used the TK9 plug in for Photoshop to help with luminosity masks.

This is the first time of sharing this image, for me I haven’t seen light and land work like this and I would welcome any critique or general feedback.

View attachment 63295
I really like it. It’s beautiful.

Back