Followers
Following
Name
Geffrard Bourke
Country
United States
City/State
Kalispell, Montana
This guy was slowly walking towards us, we did get back in the car for safety after taking the shot.

_A1_6574-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 1000

Awesome

I love these High-Key snow shots. A question: Was the sky crappy/gray/flat when you took the shot, or are you doing it in post? Or maybe both? In any even they're top-notch presentations.

I love these High-Key snow shots. A question: Was the sky crappy/gray/flat when you took the shot, or are you doing it in post? Or maybe both? In any even they're top-notch presentations.
Thank you very much. Yes the day was overcast which greatly helps with high-key photography. I also spot meter on the animal to retain detail in the fur and face. This blows out the snow and in post, I'll do some adjusting on the bison to bring out more detail and also add a little ground back around the feet. I love the high-key effect in winter, especially when processing in B&W.

Thank you very much. Yes the day was overcast which greatly helps with high-key photography. I also spot meter on the animal to retain detail in the fur and face. This blows out the snow and in post, I'll do some adjusting on the bison to bring out more detail and also add a little ground back around the feet. I love the high-key effect in winter, especially when processing in B&W.
I'm going to give this a shot if we get any more snow, right now we're melted out and it's sunny and 44!

Now let's see, whereinthehell did I leave that bison...?

I'm going to give this a shot if we get any more snow, right now we're melted out and it's sunny and 44!

Now let's see, whereinthehell did I leave that bison...?
Haha, too funny, have fun. Looking forward to seeing the images.

Haha, too funny, have fun. Looking forward to seeing the images.
Strangely enough there's a small herd about 12 miles from me, maybe about 40 or 50 of them. They live at Domino Farms, the former headquarters of Domino's Pizza. You can see them in this Google Maps link. The only problem is getting them close enough for a decent shot. I made a few images there before, but even with 800mm equivalence the shots needed tremendous crops.

WARNING! PHOTO IN LINK NOT MADE BY A SONY!!! :eek:

That seems like a good idea. Of course, maybe he just wanted to snuggle!
Not wanting to expose my softer side or anything (as if), but I'd give a left you-know-what to give one of those things a big old hug! Same with a bear. Some animals just look like they demand it.

Back