Full-Frame Cr@p, I found my 'lost' 21mm lens!

Cαscαdian

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Jim R
Country
United States
City/State
Cowlitz co, WA
I cannot believe I found it.. a like-new boxed TTArtisan 21/1.5 was rediscovered this evening in the well-named Scary Room. Chaos rules that room, and that's where the camera gear occupies a shelf or three.. and apparently a few other places!

Last month I got a deal on a Rokinon 18/2.8 with a few small marks on the front element. I bought it a nice UV filter with modern coatings and moved on; unless shooting f/16 at minimum focus I would not expect the marks to show.

At the time I had checked my shelves for the TTArtisan 21, but finding nothing I presumed that, like perhaps two dozen other lenses in the last 18 months, I had sold it or passed it to a reseller for more gear.
Oopz. :rolleyes: 🤡

The 21mm would add ~2 stops of light for the next auroral spectacle and is like new.. but manual focus only and rather bulky compared to the 18. Also the 21/1.5 would crowd my 28/2 a bit.
Arrrgh.

Guess it's shootout time.

Although not a lens I found my 200-600 lens cap in my kids room on the weekend after I'd replaced it. At least now I have a spare :)

I lost one of my Sony batteries once, bought some cheapo replacements, which are good and came with a dual charger I might add, and then found my Sony battery on the road next to where I used to park the car!

Back