Followers
Following
Country
Canada
City/State
Toronto, Ontario
Hi all,

Recently I came across this website: https://www.e-infin.com/eu/

The products they sell are all way below normal selling prices in the Netherlands and Belgium (e.g. 100-400 gm they sell for €1929 compared to €2899 at Kamera-express).

Does anyone have any experience with buying gear from that store? All the prices seem to good to be true. Are there downsides maybe related to warranty?

Thanks!
Matthias

PS. if this thread does not belong here, please move it to the appropriate location :)

Yep. I bought all of my Sony gear from them, in one hit. It came quickly and well packaged with a standard one year warranty too. They send you a photo of your order ready for packing, just to tease you, and then another when it's boxed. Excellent service. The reason they are cheap is because they are grey imports, but I have no issue with that, the warranty is valid and I registered mine on the Sony UK site with no problems. I saved £1700 over what I would have paid in the UK for my camera, lens and TC. Buy with confidence. I know others who have too.

Yep. I bought all of my Sony gear from them, in one hit. It came quickly and well packaged with a standard one year warranty too. They send you a photo of your order ready for packing, just to tease you, and then another when it's boxed. Excellent service. The reason they are cheap is because they are grey imports, but I have no issue with that, the warranty is valid and I registered mine on the Sony UK site with no problems. I saved £1700 over what I would have paid in the UK for my camera, lens and TC. Buy with confidence. I know others who have too.

Thanks! Big chance my next purchase will be from that shop!

I purchased a lens from them last year, saved me a good few hundred pounds, arrived when expected, well packaged, no problems at all. Warranty cover provided, so win win all round.

Another company my friends have bought from is https://panamoz.com/ no personal experience but believe they are very good. You will always hear stories that are good and bad experiences just your own judgement in who to pick

Another company my friends have bought from is https://panamoz.com/ no personal experience but believe they are very good. You will always hear stories that are good and bad experiences just your own judgement in who to pick

I've bought from Panamoz too, and they are excellent. Their prices are a bit higher, because they give you an insurance backed 3 year warranty. For my Sony they were £400 more than Efinity, so I figured it would be cheaper to take out separate insurance :)

I’ve purchased from them too, but when I looked at a Lens recently, they weren’t any cheaper so I float around to find the best price but ensuring the reviews are good and that insurance is included.

I’ve purchased from them too, but when I looked at a Lens recently, they weren’t any cheaper so I float around to find the best price but ensuring the reviews are good and that insurance is included.

Yes, I have noticed lenses aren't always much cheaper, especially if you can find a store with a deal on, but camera bodies and some accessories are miles cheaper.

I bought almost all my glass from them, including high-price items like 135mmGM.
Luckily for me they have had the 50mm f1.4 ZA Out-of-stock for the last 2-3 months so I ended up not being able to buy it (upgrading from 55mm f1.8) and will buy the 50mm f1.2 GM instead as soon as they have it for sale (usually 4-6 month after initial public availability, after worldwide pre-order queues have dried up).
I don't risk buying bodies from them because I want to have extended 5y warranties on all my bodies and I believe that Sony would refuse the registration of a 5y warranty extension card with a body with serial number from eInfinity.
With glass I am extra careful, always have protective filters, and always store in humidity controlled cabinets, so that is why I risk going with their 1y only warranty.

EDIT: only negative with e-Infinity is that they only accept payPall and that costs 3% fee.

I also bought my A9M2 at E-Infin without any issues.

Nevertheless I am not sure, if their trick with cheap import via UK into EU, still works after Brexit?

I bought almost all my glass from them, including high-price items like 135mmGM.
Luckily for me they have had the 50mm f1.4 ZA Out-of-stock for the last 2-3 months so I ended up not being able to buy it (upgrading from 55mm f1.8) and will buy the 50mm f1.2 GM instead as soon as they have it for sale (usually 4-6 month after initial public availability, after worldwide pre-order queues have dried up).
I don't risk buying bodies from them because I want to have extended 5y warranties on all my bodies and I believe that Sony would refuse the registration of a 5y warranty extension card with a body with serial number from eInfinity.
With glass I am extra careful, always have protective filters, and always store in humidity controlled cabinets, so that is why I risk going with their 1y only warranty.

EDIT: only negative with e-Infinity is that they only accept payPall and that costs 3% fee.

I registered my body from e-infinity with Sony with no issue at all. Also, buying with paypal doesn't cost you anything, certainly not here in the UK,

I registered my body from e-infinity with Sony with no issue at all. Also, buying with paypal doesn't cost you anything, certainly not here in the UK,
Great feedback, I will then buy my next body from them too.

Back