Following
Name
Terry
Country
United States
City/State
Virginia
Hello,
I am experimenting with continuous hi shooting for a shot I want to get. It is extremely slow, and I am trying figure out why. It has worked before and was very fast. I’m set at compressed raw. Something has changed, that’s for sure. Thank you.

Does it start fast then slows down or slow from the start? Are you in Hi+ mode?
Slow from start. Now it won’t fire at all. I’m using in afc. I was playing around with it last week and was impressed with how fast it was.

Last edited:
Have you tried a different memory card? Different lens? Just to rule out gear failure?
I’ll try a different memory card but it’s the same lens as when it worked well, 135 f/1.8. Is it ok to use shutter priority?

Have you tried a different memory card? Different lens? Just to rule out gear failure?
I took the lens off and the memory card out and it worked perfectly fine.

I put the same card back in, and it worked.

What shutter speed are you using? gonna shoot alot faster at 1/8000th vs 1/60th?

just a factor of trouble shooting now (no pun intended) if a newly formatted card makes no difference try a different lens just to rule out a problem with the 135.....
I took the lens off, and it worked fine. I just the lens back on and it won’t fire at all. This is my favorite lens.

So with no lens attached, but the same card in all ok?

So try the same lens again (could be dirty contacts) and double check what shutter speed the camera is set at and see what happens
I did all of the things that you suggested, and it’s working perfectly now. Thank you very much for staying with me on this. Have a wonderful day.

Back