Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
United States
City/State
Herndon, VA
Thank you Tim for setting up a forum in addition to your Facebook and Instagram accounts. I'm hoping this becomes a popular site where it's easier to find comments and posts.

Thanks for joining Russ! Yes hopefully with time the community here will grow as well. I've not gone full out with promoting it yet just incase any bugs pop up, a few already have.

That's a great way to get it going Tim! What kinds of bugs have you seen so far?

That's a great way to get it going Tim! What kinds of bugs have you seen so far?
There's a feature to display some exif data (camera, lens exposure) automatically under the images uploaded but it's not working quite as it should right now. It was working fine but then for whatever reason decided to break. I thought it was going to be an easy fix but it turns out it's a little more complicated. Still, hopefully get it sorted soon although I'm sure something else will then pop up!

Interesting! Do you code the changes yourself or have support? I'm a retired software engineer from the IBM mainframe world.

Interesting! Do you code the changes yourself or have support? I'm a retired software engineer from the IBM mainframe world.
I only do basic stuff myself, I found a developer who knows Xenforo inside out which is the forum software that it's running on. Luckily Xenforo is a pretty solid platform when it comes to forums, however I'm very good at dreaming up new features that aren't out of the box. The marketplace needed quite some work, especially to notify users when specific cameras or lenses go up for sale. There's a few other big features that I'd like to get done as well, although there will be a new version of Xenforo out in the next few months so it's probably best to wait for that before getting too much work done that might need changing with the new version.

Cool! It'd be nice to have the marketplace. I'm about to put a couple lenses up on eBay.

Back