Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
The pond in Greenwich Park London. One of my first shots with the Linear Polariser filter.

greenwich park fountain-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 100

Very nice. How are you finding the filters so far?

Very nice. How are you finding the filters so far?
I've only really used the linear polariser so far, and now it is permanently on my lens. I like the polariser, it seems to cut through the glare and amplify the colours. I've only used the ND filters once so far, just to try them out, haven't had call to use them in anger yet. However, I'm finding the magnetic lens cap difficult to remove. When I take it off, it usually takes the other magnetic filters with it.

I'm also not clear on what I'm going to do about a lens hood for my 70-200. Not sure if I need to replace it with one that works with the maven filters (from maven) or just do without a lens hood. Any suggestions?

Lens hoods are always a problem with filters. I don’t have any suggestions for you unfortunately, other than just trying it without one.

I am waiting for the right conditions (weather & tide) to try a very long exposure experiment with my ND filters at the old jetty ruins I had a pic of in my RX100 VII topic. Sunday or Monday afternoon looks promising at the moment.

Lens hoods are always a problem with filters. I don’t have any suggestions for you unfortunately, other than just trying it without one.

I am waiting for the right conditions (weather & tide) to try a very long exposure experiment with my ND filters at the old jetty ruins I had a pic of in my RX100 VII topic. Sunday or Monday afternoon looks promising at the moment.
Yes, I'm just trying it out without a lens hood, but I think the hood shades the lens from unwanted side glares and also provides some protection for the objective lens. I guess I'll just get used to it. The long exposure experiment sounds interesting, looking forward to see how it comes out.

Yeah, I’m aiming for a 30 second exposure & the tide should be about right sometime between 2:00pm & 5pm. Just hope the weather is ok as it has been pretty changeable & unpredictable lately. First day of spring here on Sunday.

Back