Hello from Berkshire, UK.

Garry T

Newcomer
Followers
Following
I made the switch from Canon to Sony last year. Since then I have built my lens collect to include the 16-35GM, 24-70GM and last week the 100-400GM. Some might question the last choice of lens and ask why not the 200-600? It’s simple really, size, weight and portability - I use the lens on the hoof, and often walk a few hours (or more) in search of remote locations. This was an important factor.

As a keen photographer, I shoot landscape and wildlife - mostly for my own pleasure but sometimes for money...

My journey started in the 1980s with a box brownie to, slightly more advanced A7iii, but through this there is one constant - composition is everything and Lightroom can only go so far...

thanks for the addition to this group - I look forward to continuing to grow as a photographer 😁

Same decision for me regarding the 100-400GM

I'm not fond of carrying the 200-600 too far either. Although I do own the 100-400 I'll often pair my a7R IV with the Sony E 70-350 to keep things really light. I can comfortably clip this combo to my Peak Design Clip so it's useful for when walking my dog and I need my hands free.

I'm not fond of carrying the 200-600 too far either. Although I do own the 100-400 I'll often pair my a7R IV with the Sony E 70-350 to keep things really light. I can comfortably clip this combo to my Peak Design Clip so it's useful for when walking my dog and I need my hands free.

I see that you have the sigma 100-400 and the Sony 100-400, which one do prefer and why? Not sure I’d try the peak clip with the sony 100-400 lol...

I see that you have the sigma 100-400 and the Sony 100-400, which one do prefer and why? Not sure I’d try the peak clip with the sony 100-400 lol...
I prefer the Sony, the AF is faster but there's not much between them when it comes to image quality. I actually only bought the Sigma so that I could so a comparison article for my blog between the two. I've not had chance to put it together yet but do hope to get it done soon, then I'll probably be selling the Sigma.

Back