Followers
Following
Name
Tom Donahue
Country
United States
City/State
Littleton, CO
I took a pretty long break from photography, having shot mostly Kodachrome 35 years ago. I was cleaning out my shed and found my old Minolta Maxxum 7000. I checked prices on ebay to see what, if anything the camera and lenses would be worth and was pleasantly surprised that while they weren't worth much, that the lenses were still considered to be decent and could be used with Sony Alphas. So, I picked up an A900 for under $400 on ebay, and am very happy with it.

Sounds like you got a bargain there Tom! Thanks for joining! :)

Sometimes Tom the biggest kick up the rump to make you get out and take photos is a new camera! Crack on!

I took a pretty long break from photography, having shot mostly Kodachrome 35 years ago. I was cleaning out my shed and found my old Minolta Maxxum 7000. I checked prices on ebay to see what, if anything the camera and lenses would be worth and was pleasantly surprised that while they weren't worth much, that the lenses were still considered to be decent and could be used with Sony Alphas. So, I picked up an A900 for under $400 on ebay, and am very happy with it.
Tom, welcome to the forum, my wife's family lives out in the Ken Caryl ranch area of Littleton! I started in 35mm Kodachrome and Ektachrome over 40 years ago Canon AE-1, A-1, etc. Did that for a while then other things came into play. I got back to it about 10 years ago and did the Canon DSLR for a while but lately have moved over to the Sony alpha series for the mirrorless and lighter weight! Looks like you got a nice price on getting in the Sony world!

Back