Hello from NC

reneegw

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Renee
Just stopping by to introduce myself! I'm Renee, live in Statesville, NC which is about 30 miles north of Charlotte with my husband and 3 dogs. After shooting Canon for over 40 years I converted to Sony (long story on that one) but very happy I did!! Now I have a Sony A7R3, A7RV and A6700 (most recent purchase) with a variety of lenses. Travel photography is my passion, however I enjoy photographing just about anything. Looking forward to getting to know other Sony enthusiasts!

Welcome aboard!
Sounds like you have your gear all sorted out, just curious why you kept the A7R3 if you upgraded to the A7R5? Was it to keep as a back-up body?

Just stopping by to introduce myself! I'm Renee, live in Statesville, NC which is about 30 miles north of Charlotte with my husband and 3 dogs. After shooting Canon for over 40 years I converted to Sony (long story on that one) but very happy I did!! Now I have a Sony A7R3, A7RV and A6700 (most recent purchase) with a variety of lenses. Travel photography is my passion, however I enjoy photographing just about anything. Looking forward to getting to know other Sony enthusiasts!
Hi Renee, welcome to the forum, sounds like you have some nice kit. What lenses do you have? Looking forward to seeing your contributions.

Welcome Renee. What breed of dogs do you have?

Welcome Renee and thanks for joining up here. You might have already spotted our Travel Forum and there's a thread to posts shots of your dogs too. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome Renee. What breed of dogs do you have?
Hi Richard,
We have two miniature schnauzers and a giant schnauzer. The giant is still a puppy weighing in at 90lbs but the biggest baby you will ever meet!

Wow. That's a big puppy. I have two greyhounds. Our boy is pretty big. He is about 38kg but he's a pretty slim, lean dog.

Hi Renee, welcome to the forum, sounds like you have some nice kit. What lenses do you have? Looking forward to seeing your contributions.
Let's see....Sony 50mm f1.8, Sony 90mm macro f2.8, Sony 70-300mm, Tamron 35-150mm f2.8, Sony 24-105mm f4, Tamron 20mm f2.8, Tokina 11-18mm f2.8, Sigma 60-600mm f4.5-6.3 and a collection of Lensbaby lenses because I enjoy floral portraits (I'm sure I forgot a couple...it is an illness:cool: ).

Wow. That's a big puppy. I have two greyhounds. Our boy is pretty big. He is about 38kg but he's a pretty slim, lean dog.
That is a big boy! Can only imagine having two big dogs! That must be an active home. Giant Schnauzers were bred with Great Danes back in their lineage so that is where the size comes from. She will continue to grow until she is around 3 and should top out around 110lbs (50kg).

Let's see....Sony 50mm f1.8, Sony 90mm macro f2.8, Sony 70-300mm, Tamron 35-150mm f2.8, Sony 24-105mm f4, Tamron 20mm f2.8, Tokina 11-18mm f2.8, Sigma 60-600mm f4.5-6.3 and a collection of Lensbaby lenses because I enjoy floral portraits (I'm sure I forgot a couple...it is an illness:cool: ).
Wow, you have quite a collection, start posting I'd love to see the shots, and the floral portraits sound great.

Welcome to the forum! What an amazing lens collection you have. You better have some favourites of you will need a whole suitcase for all of them when traveling haha.

How do you find the Sigma 60-600? That’s supposed to be a really good lens.

BTW, greyhounds are generally pretty lazy. They love going for about a 15-20 min walk but then they’re happy just to lie around all day. I take mine for about a 30 min walk everyday.

Last edited:
Back