Name
Tom
Country
United States
City/State
Western Oregon
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hello all, my name is Tom. I live in the Willamette Valley of Oregon where there are a lot of vineyards (myself included) and wineries.

I consider myself an enthusiast level photographer. Started shooting film while in high school in the mid 70’s. My last film camera was an Olympus OM4. I still have it, but it has not been used for at least 20 years. Since 2015 I’ve been using a Canon SX50HS and took some good pictures with it until our trip to Alaska earlier this summer where I was quite disappointed with it. My lovely wife gave the OK to go ahead and upgrade. After some research, I settled on a A6700 paired with the 70-350 G OSS and Sigma 18-50 DC DN lenses. I’ve had it now for six weeks and are starting to get the hang of it.

I look forward to participating in this forum.

Welcome aboard Tom! Excellent choice on gear, top of the APSC bracket. I think the Sigma 18-50 is even better than the Tamron 17-70 I settled for.

Welcome to the forum Tom. And congratulations on having an understanding wife.

Greetings from the lower Columbia valley (just below Longview)! Enjoy the 6700, many nice features there to meet your vision.

Thanks for the welcome! There are a so many settings possible with this camera. Luckily as a retired Electrical Engineer I am used to doing research. I've been able to figure out most of the basic settings needed to get up and shooting.

Back