Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I love the architecture of Mdina. Some of the small features that I particularly like are the interesting doors, windows and distinctive door knockers of Mdina. The door knockers are particularly interesting and may be missed by many passing tourists. Here is a collection of some of my favourite Mdina door knockers. All images were taken using the Sony A7iv + Sony 24-70mm f2.8 GM II.

Rather than present each separate image I thought it would be interesting to use the collage feature in LrC. I've never used it before, so this is a bit of an experiment, and certainly not the most creative presentation! While all the door knockers are the same in both images, I've used two different backgrounds, a distinctive Mdina door and an equally distinctive window. Any preferences for the background, and any suggestions on how to arrange the collage?

Option 1 Door background.
mdina door knockers-12.jpg

Option 2 Window background.
mdina door knockers-13.jpg

They are door knockers not window knockers. Don't be a cats & dogs movie poster.

They are door knockers not window knockers. Don't be a cats & dogs movie poster.
Indeed, but I wanted the background to be easily identifable as Mdina and also to make the photographs stand out. The door is a characteristic door of Mdina and easily recongnisable as such, but the door background doesn't provide much contrast. The window, while also from Mdina, could be from several places in Malta. But I think the colour scheme of the window provides a nice contrast for the door knocker photographs.

Indeed, but I wanted the background to be easily identifable as Mdina and also to make the photographs stand out. The door is a characteristic door of Mdina and easily recongnisable as such, but the door background doesn't provide much contrast. The window, while also from Mdina, could be from several places in Malta. But I think the colour scheme of the window provides a nice contrast for the door knocker photographs.
If you want people to see the door knockers use an image of a door as the background (really doesn't matter where the door is from) but if you want them to see the background use the window. What do you want the audience to see?

Nobody sees this movie poster and thinks "I want to see that movie" they think "WTF is wrong with these people? Don't they know what cats and dogs look like?!?!?!?!".
Screenshot 2024-10-28 142730.jpg

So don't put door knockers on windows when they belong on doors.

Back