Name
Dirk
Country
Germany
City/State
Frankfurt/M.
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I am new to the Sony E-Mount. Shifting from L-Mount just bought a new A7RV with several lenses. My first phototour lead me to the phantastic library in Stuttgart. This is such a wonderful place to take images. I'd been there for several hours, enjoying the atmosphere and the small café. All images can be viewed here....

Retouching was done with Lightroom. Mostly I edited in High Key.

240720-Stuttgart-0184-X5.jpg

240720-Stuttgart-0364-X4.jpg

240720-Stuttgart-0029-X5.jpg

240720-Stuttgart-0120-X5.jpg

240720-Stuttgart-0265-X5.jpg

240720-Stuttgart-0091-X5.jpg

240720-Stuttgart-0171-X5.jpg

240720-Stuttgart-0049-Verbessert-RR-X5.jpg

Last edited:
Really interesting compositions, the stair case in the first confuses the eye a bit. At first, I thought it was a little on the slant, but it isn't. Perhaps try cropping, leaving the top horizontals out? Just a thought.

Perhaps try cropping, leaving the top horizontals out? Just a thought.
Yes, you are right. I did this later but decided to keep the original 3:2-ratio.

Interesting building. Very nice images. You couldn’t really do anything but high key with these I guess. How are you finding the A7RV so far?

Not sure if I could cope with white on white. Well done on this lot of shots.

How are you finding the A7RV so far?
I like it a lot, especially the tilt-flip-mechanism of the screen. This is the best screen I know. I also liked my Panasonic S5II a lot, but the AF-performance was kind fo disappointing. I shoot various genres, including Wildlife - and there AF is important.
Very nice images.
Thank you! :)

Not sure if I could cope with white on white.
Yes, for this library I found out, that High Key works best. Some images I prefer in BW others in color.

Here are some examples....left is edited...right is original.

HIGH-KEY.jpg

...and this is an extreme example....good to have 60MP here ;-)
High-Key-extreme.jpg

Histogram.jpg

I got my inspiration from the following YouTube video....

I like this channel "Stories in Black & White".

The building was designed by the South Corean architect Eun Young Yi. There is little information about him on the internet. More information about the building can be found here....

I must admit, I first saw these images when looking at the forum at night on my phone and I felt blinded by the brightness. Now that I am viewing them on a larger screen, I can appreciate them better. I particularly like the staircase photos and the isolated color photo with the lady in the red dress.

Are you using zebras to set your exposure?

It is the woman who is not being photographed that catches my eye in that pic
Intersting, I didn't think about her. The lady who was being photographed gave me her attention, looking in my direction instead to the guy who took photos of her.

Taking pictures in the library is allowed. But you have to get a free permission at the reception. Taking images of people is not allowed. I know that it is not allowed and not in accordance with European law. However, I like taking images of people too much.

Last edited:
The lady who was being photographed gave me her attention
The camera guy is looking her; she is looking at you; the third lady is looking at the camera guy. There is a complete picture in that. But the expression of the third lady is the most interesting.

Super capture.

Back