My Wetlands getting a good lot of rain water.

Ralph

Veteran Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
What you have to think about is that the water should be back over 5 to 9 meters back from where it is.
I think they said we had something like 100 mm of rain in the 24 hours which is like about 3 times as much in one day to what we would get in a month.
We had wind to and even got rain water into my place due to that.
I will just post photo and please excuse me as they are done on my phone.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
24.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
12.jpg
17.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg

Should be plenty of water bird shots coming!

Wow. The worlds weather is properly messed up.

wow, looks like my neighborhood did the last time we experienced a tropical storm. Heavy consistent rain in our case overwhelmed the drainage system and I was able to float my kayak in front of my house!

Should be plenty of water bird shots coming!
In my area we have got a lot of inland lakes and many have recently filled with environmental water and this is where a lot of the wetland birds have already gone to breed. We have got a stable population of wetland birds as it stands. So sadly I can see many new one coming in .
Wow. The worlds weather is properly messed up.
I think these rains were the tail end of a Cyclone from up north But I know it plays havoc on my arthritis. But I like the rain even if it hurts.
wow, looks like my neighborhood did the last time we experienced a tropical storm. Heavy consistent rain in our case overwhelmed the drainage system and I was able to float my kayak in front of my house!
We even got a good drop last night as I was too sore to sleep then down came the rain , but at least I knew the reason to why it (me) was playing up with everything. But this will stop bush trips for a few day or so now. With all tracks soft under the wheels.

That does look pretty wet Ralph! When looking for a new house to buy recently we made sure that it wasn't close to any rivers! There's been quite a bit of flooding here over the last few years.

That does look pretty wet Ralph! When looking for a new house to buy recently we made sure that it wasn't close to any rivers! There's been quite a bit of flooding here over the last few years.
Good call. I have an uncle who chastised me for buying a home in Florida with an elevation of less than 1m above sea level. seeking higher ground is always a safer bet.
Ralph, hope you're keeping dry!

Back