Posting photos online, what's the "in" website?

direw0lf

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Bruce G
Country
United States
City/State
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Being out of photography for a while I decided to look back at the websites and apps I used to post photos. I remember using SmugMug, Flickr, and 500px. I logged into Flickr and after all these years they still have my photos. What is the go-to website everyone posts their photos on? Besides AlphaShooters of course. :cool:

Last edited:
I really only share here and with family/friends through Amazon Photos which is just basically one of the backup sites I use.

I post on Flickr, and more rarely on a few Facebook groups. I post the greatest number of photos on here.

I post most on Facebook/Instagram because that's why I take photos: family/travel photos to share with friends and family. Sometimes I share those here as well, but mostly here I post vacation or flower photos that I like but would get yawns on social media. So I guess what I'm saying is that the website you choose to display your photos depends on your purpose.

Being out of photography for a while I decided to look back at the websites and apps I used to post photos. I remember using SmugMug, Flickr, and 500px. I logged into Flickr and after all these years they still have my photos. What is the go-to website everyone posts their photos on? Besides AlphaShooters of course. :cool:
I post on a number of facebook groups and also instagram (ed.galea). I also post on Fstoppers. Fstoppers have an interesting system, you only get to post 10 images on your personal profile page, and if you get at least 5 people providing an average score of 3.5 (out of 5) for your photograph, you are granted an additional 3 images to post. You also get an average score for your profile page which is based on your individual scores (mine is currently running at 3.8 out of 5). They also have a number of other incentives, such as, if your image is selected by the group managers as photogrpah of the month, you get a number of other additional posts for your profile. You can also post images on the different themed groups (and they also get rated by other members of the group), but they don't count towards your profile or profile score. They also run monthly competitions (with some quite big prizes), that everyone can vote on, but they also have formal judges that select the best images. There are some really good images on Fstoppers so worth a look.

I'm very happy with Flickr. Flickr will never down-res your photos.

I don’t really post anywhere other than here & another forum I’m no longer really active on. I’ll have to have a look at Fstoppers though. That sounds really interesting & I’m sure I’m already a member on there. I was on Flickr many years ago also but couldn’t log in last time I tried.

Back