Followers
Following
Name
Loke
Country
Norway
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
So, i just got a Sony SEL14TC in the mail, second hand. TC looks unused and in good condition, but when i fitted it on the A7IV, first i noticed that it felt a little harder to mount than my lenses, like a little more resistance.

Then, i heard it made a sound while moving the camera, and i can see that it doesnt snug the camera completely, as all my other lenses do, i can see it actually moves on the camera, not in thw twisting position but like outwards. Is the teleconverter like this? Or is this a bad copy?

I found out, was two loose screws on the teleconverter, its snug on the camera body now :)

I think its rarely used, looks brand new, i think he just havent used it in some time and maybe the vibrations from the shipping made it unscrew a bit? I dont know but it seems perfectly fine now.

Yeah, I'm just over cautious - you could always put a little thread lock on them if needs be (not the permanent version!!!)

Yep, i was thinking about that if they seem to get loose again, ive learned my mistake with the permanent one when i was younger :LOL:

I think its rarely used, looks brand new, i think he just havent used it in some time and maybe the vibrations from the shipping made it unscrew a bit? I dont know but it seems perfectly fine now.
From that it sounds more like it is actually a referb. That isn't bad but you should just check from time to time that the screws are all tight as both of my lenses that have been repaired occasionally need back plate screws tightened.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back