Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
United States
City/State
FL
Has anyone used a Sony 1.4x teleconverter (SEL14TC) with a Sony SEL2470GM?

Recently got mine and attached it to my 100-400 and not removed it. Doubt I will bother putting it on my 24-70.

Only fits Sony models 100-400mmG Master,70-200 f2.8 G Master, and the 200-600mm G. and 400 & 600mm prime lenses 🙏

Last edited:
Has anyone used a Sony 1.4x teleconverter (SEL14TC) with a Sony SEL2470GM?
Even if it fit and worked, why? Your 24-70 f2.8 would then be a 34-98 f4... It doesn't seem compelling given other lens options. With the longer lenses, this makes more sense to me. But I'm curious why you'd be interested in doing this.

You're right Vanya. I specified the wrong lens. I have been thinking about buying a SEP70200GM. I rented one a couple weeks ago and found it easy to use and pretty sharp. The 1.4x (or even the 2x) TC would be an inexpensive way to get a larger lens.
Thank you all for your responses.

You're right Vanya. I specified the wrong lens. I have been thinking about buying a SEP70200GM. I rented one a couple weeks ago and found it easy to use and pretty sharp. The 1.4x (or even the 2x) TC would be an inexpensive way to get a larger lens.
Thank you all for your responses.
Oh! That's much more reasonable. I have a Pentax 50-135 on my crop K-3 that I use the 1.4x teleconverter on and that is a useful range.

Just be aware that both TCs do distinct vignetting which requires work in post.

The body may have a shading correction but not be effective.

Just be aware that both TCs do distinct vignetting which requires work in post.

The body may have a shading correction but not be effective.
I haven't noticed that Ziggy but not really looked for it. I am glad I didn't get the 2x however as the 1 stop loss of light with the 1.4 is annoying enough!

Yeah, it doesn't bother me cos crops with bird shooting is the norm. But Sony replaced my 1.4 no questions asked. Made no difference.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back