Sony a6600 issue

Joe b 1996

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Joe Bracegird
Hello just wondering if anyone has had the same issue with their sonny a6600 , the shutter is firing but there is no image being displayed its just black , can see through the view finder fine and the lenses are not the issue, video is working as normal as well just no photos. Can't find any information , please help ! 😖 cheers joe

Welcome Joe. Do you mean to say the display on the back is completely black, even when framing your shot? Or when you press the playback button to review the shot there is nothing visible on the screen?

Thanks for replying, the display on the back works as I can see when framing the shot, but when I go to review it the photo is totally black, I can see all my other photos fine on the playback.

Wow that's weird. What happens when you hit the "Disp" button on the wheel? normally you can see the photo cycle through 3 modes where you see no metadata, some metadata, or complete histogram views.
Also, when you download the photo to your PC/Mac, is there anything amiss?

Yep very weird, can see all the 3 modes histogram etc but no image, just black . Same when I download onto the computer, all old images show up fine on the display and video also working fine and shows up fine on the display. So stuck !

Yep very weird, can see all the 3 modes histogram etc but no image, just black . Same when I download onto the computer, all old images show up fine on the display and video also working fine and shows up fine on the display. So stuck !
The only time something like this has happened to me was when I deleted the thumbnails from the memory card and then I was unable to view pictures or videos because the back of the camera would say "Unable to Display" but it sounds like you're not even getting that.

maybe time to back-up all pictures and video and just factory reset camera?

Yep I've tried that also, can't think of anything else. When I go to the play back mode with the histogram and other details the small thumb nail of the image flashes from black to white, so strange !

Back