Sony A7 III Sony A7 III video feed disconnecting

stringbass27

Newcomer
Followers
Following
I'm using a Sony A7 III as a Zoom camera (movie mode, HDMI to CamLink), and I'm on Zoom calls pretty much all day long. After a while, seemingly randomly (I haven't timed it), the camera feed cuts out and I get that screen with the multicolored vertical stripes. Then I have to physically turn the camera off and back on to restore the feed. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Like ColdCoffee said, it could possibly be overheating, although normally you'll see an overheating icon and get a message before it overheats.

Do you have the Auto Power Off Temp set to High? If not, you'll find it here: MENU → (Setup) → [Auto Pwr OFF Temp.] → desired setting. It's set to Standard by default. If you change it to High this will give you more time before it overheats.

Pulling the screen out also helps and putting it on a mini tripod vs standing on a desk will also help with air flow.

Are you using 4k? This is prone to overheating with the A7III, so switching to 1080p might help too.

Alternatively it could be the HDMI cable and it might be worth trying a different one.

Back