Sony A7R V Sony a7rv bug? Camera Re-focuses After Previewing Depth of Field (Aperture Preview)

hedonist222

Newcomer
Followers
Following
I noticed that after acquiring focus, then viewing depth of field visa a custom button (Aperture Preview), the lens then re-focuses.

This is detrimental for so many reasons.

Anyone know what's going on?

If your auto focus is coupled to your shutter button and you are releasing this then using the preview, I would have thought it normal for the camera to require focus/confirm focus when you press the shutter button again.

It might be more suitable for you to set up back button focus or you could use the button on the lens (if a sony lens) to toggle focus hold.

If your auto focus is coupled to your shutter button and you are releasing this then using the preview, I would have thought it normal for the camera to require focus/confirm focus when you press the shutter button again.

It might be more suitable for you to set up back button focus or you could use the button on the lens (if a sony lens) to toggle focus hold.

My auto focus is not coupled to the shutter button. It's mapped to the AF On button (BBF).

After acquiring focus via BBF, I press the C1 button to preview aperture.
I must release the BBF or it will not preview aperture.

But why does it go out of focus then back into focus when previewing aperture?

My auto focus is not coupled to the shutter button. It's mapped to the AF On button (BBF).

After acquiring focus via BBF, I press the C1 button to preview aperture.
I must release the BBF or it will not preview aperture.

But why does it go out of focus then back into focus when previewing aperture?
I set this up to test. Once I had acquired BBF I used the aperture preview. The focus did not alter.

The setting I used on the AF-On button - Tracking On+AF On button/C1 - Aperture Preview.

Sorry I can't see why you are having this issue.

Maybe others can assist.

I set this up to test. Once I had acquired BBF I used the aperture preview. The focus did not alter.

The setting I used on the AF-On button - Tracking On+AF On button/C1 - Aperture Preview.

Sorry I can't see why you are having this issue.

Maybe others can assist.

If you get a chance, can you try with focus on AF-S, tracking off, and aperture f/16.

I notice it doesn't do the de-focus when aperture is wide open.

Back