Sony A7 IV Sony F2.8 300mm telephoto lens exceeded all my expectations

Shooter41

Followers
Following
Name
Don Marler
On Wednesday, October 23, 2024, Fed Ex delivered my Sony F2.8, 300mm, Master, telephoto lens one hour before I was hired to photograph the Friends University versus Ottawa University Men's outdoor soccer game in Wichita, Kansas. I had no time to familiarize myself with my new lens or how I should fine tune the settings. I quickly took my new lens out of the box and attached it to my Sony A7R4 camera. Frantically driving to the game, I began wondering why the aperture ring I was accustomed to on my other Sony Master lenses was missing on my new lens. The sun was going down and the mercury lights were coming on during the entire game. IE...The light was constantly changing, so I had to continually mess with the ISO on the camera body to keep the histogram in the zone. I shot in aperture priority at F2.8 and at 1/2000 second without the use of a teleconverter. This Sony Master lens is so wonderful in quality, that it allowed me to take the two attached images when I arrived at the game without having the opportunity to get familiar with the lens in advance. The new Sony, F2.8, 300 mm, Master lens is the best lens I have ever owned in my forty-four years of shooting both indoor and outdoor soccer photography. You are going to love this one! Don Marler (Wichita Wings Soccer photographer)

Attachments

• CLOSEUP HEADER OTTAWA VS FRIENDS-SharpenAI-Standard.jpg
    CLOSEUP HEADER OTTAWA VS FRIENDS-SharpenAI-Standard.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 2
  • WORKING UP A SWEAT.JPG
    WORKING UP A SWEAT.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 2
Back