Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I know that it probably won't excite many here but Sony has announced an updated ZV-E10 II APS-C mirrorless camera that mainly targets the vlogging crowd, an updated 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS II lens has also been announced.

The ZV-E10 II body-only costs $998.00 in the US or $1,098.00 as a kit with the 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS II lens. In the UK the prices are £925.00 and £999.00 respectively.

The camera and lens are already available to pre-order from Sony’s authorized sellers and will start shipping in early August 2024.

Further details and early reviews can be found over on the blog.

It seems there is a fairly loud chorus about some of the things that are not in it, more than about anything that is in it.

The A6700 is not a kind comparison, but I see plenty of people making it. The one big advantage this has over the A6700 is 120g in weight.

Zzzzzzz

It seems there is a fairly loud chorus about some of the things that are not in it, more than about anything that is in it.

The A6700 is not a kind comparison, but I see plenty of people making it. The one big advantage this has over the A6700 is 120g in weight.
This camera makes me feel even better about my A6700.

So I know we don't have many who care about this camera in particular (me included) but I'm going to start a theoretical rant here...

What annoys me is that Sony can make a camera and market it to "vloggers" without hyping up stabilization more. I'm not talking about IBIS either, though that should be the bare minimum they should be including. No, what I mean to say is that it is time for Sony to make a quantum leap in the quality of their electronic stabilization to rival action cameras [which sell for half the price] and put it in every camera aimed at video content creators.

"But it does have Active Stabilization..."
True. I think I saw some of it in action in Arthur R's review, but I'm still waiting to be impressed. If you come across a better example online, please share, because I don't mind being proven wrong.

"Oh but Sony has Catalyst Browse software..."
That is a crutch. If my phone, or my 4 yr old action cam, can stabilize video in-camera with great results without post-production, then that is the expectation of the market Sony seems to be targeting. Why don't the reviews highlight this? Are they afraid to criticize Sony and be excluded from future reviews? I bet the only Youtuber who shares my angst is Camera Conspiracies 😄

I'd rather buy a GoPro to vlog than a Sony. There, I said it.

end of rant.

Thanks for your rant. I’m not interested in vlogging at all but I think this camera is built to a price & I’ve seen a few say that it’s an improvement on the previous model.

Thanks for your rant. I’m not interested in vlogging at all but I think this camera is built to a price & I’ve seen a few say that it’s an improvement on the previous model.
what can I say, it was a slow morning at work 😅
Also, you're right, regardless of my mini-rant, it IS an improvement over their previous ZV camera.

Back