• ISO 400
squirrel in tree-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 400

I have these in my garden Ed and they munch through bird feeders and my apples and plums at some rate

Just before well a week to be honest we had our bags pack and were heading for the UK and then the world got shut down.
But the reason to why this is important is one of my aims was to get photo's of these and I wasn't going to stop at one.
I love the looks of them but never seen one so I was overly angry when out holiday was canned.
So I now think I will never got there to see them. I really enjoyed these shots. Thank you for that.

Just before well a week to be honest we had our bags pack and were heading for the UK and then the world got shut down.
But the reason to why this is important is one of my aims was to get photo's of these and I wasn't going to stop at one.
I love the looks of them but never seen one so I was overly angry when out holiday was canned.
So I now think I will never got there to see them. I really enjoyed these shots. Thank you for that.
Never say never Ralph, I'm so pleased you like my photographs of these naughty furry little guys. I hope the photographs encourage you to hop back onto that big bird and fly half way around the world to the UK and shoot your dreams.

Oh, sad... Hope you do get the chance for a another try at that!

I have nothing against the grey (many people do have!) but I would love to have seen the red, which is, I suppose the real British squirrel. I never ever saw one, at least not wild. I had an elder relative, now sadly deceased, who had a chunk of woodland (and a wonderful posh hotel!) near Lake Windemere, and one of his projects was re-introducing the red.

In this country, we have Malabar squirrels, which are huge! Ive seen in the zoo. I've caught a glimpse in the wild, but have no photos. We also have tiny ones which look like chipmunks but aren't: these are common even in urban gardens in my part of the world.

I have these in my garden Ed and they munch through bird feeders and my apples and plums at some rate
Gary, I love watching their gymnastics in my back garden and their antics in the large trees in the back. Apart from the wild berries, I'm not sure what else they eat. We had a bird feeder which was wrecked, not sure if it was by large birds or squirrels or both. I intend to try one of the squirrel proof bird feeders that Tim described recently and we'll see if the squirrels can figure out how to beat it.

Thanks Ed Galea and Thad for the vote of confidence in that there is always a chance of getting over there.
I know I would love to see these with my own eyes. And as I get older the more being confined in tight spots is hitting me more and more.
We have got a little Christmas cruise happening this year and this will be my test on if I can sit in a plane for so long.
It is a real bugger getting older.

Back