Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Sunset in the New Forest at the Pig in the Forest - July 2024.

pig in the forest sunset-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 100

The tree for me just seems to take away from this being a top top shot. It is still good so don't get me wrong.
But I feel there is no need for the tree in this one. But well done all the same.

The tree for me just seems to take away from this being a top top shot. It is still good so don't get me wrong.
But I feel there is no need for the tree in this one. But well done all the same.
Thanks Ralph. I'm in two minds about the tree. Sometimes I think it's in the way and sometimes I think it adds interest to the sunset image. So I'm not sure about the tree, but it's the only perspective I have. At the time I also wanted to take images from a different view point to avoid the tree for an alternative composition, but I would have had to climb over a farmers fence and get into a field field with a horse. I decided against that.

Last edited:
I would have had to climb over a farmers fence and get into a field field with a horse. I decided against that.

I guess that the cricket club cows had already been more than enough wildlife for one day ;)

Back