• ISO 200
Nad fish portrait H.jpg
  • ILCE-6500
  • E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 250

Well done, I've got quite a few UW photos taken over a 50 year period but none of them with a Sony camera.

Well done, I've got quite a few UW photos taken over a 50 year period but none of them with a Sony camera.
Hi I got the a6500 specifically for that. More compact than a DSLR for travelling, getting some nice results. Trying to use it more between holidays now as well.

Very cool!

Hi I got the a6500 specifically for that. More compact than a DSLR for travelling, getting some nice results. Trying to use it more between holidays now as well.
Yes good choice, I started with Niconas gear having had the 3, 4A and still have the 5.
When digital arrived, I used Panasonic LX5 compact in a nauticam housing with Inon Flash and twin Inon LED lamps. Perfectly adequate for the type of diving I did. (Have retired from Scuba now). Sold all my digital UW gear but still have a collection of my old film cameras.

Wow! Was looking at underwater drones a few weeks back.

What are you doing gear wise here with these ones mate? 🙂

Thanks. I’m using the A6500 in a Fantasea housing (love this housing) and I have a single sea and sea YS-01 strobe. At the moment I’m just using the 50mm kit lens and I have an inon diopter that I can screw onto the front of the housing under water for some nice close ups ( I’ll dig out a few images). I would really like to get a better lens maybe a dedicated macro but it gets pricey when you factor in extra ports for the housing. the beauty of using the diopter is you can switch from close up to more wide angle during the same dive. I haven’t seen these drones but I’m going to Google them now, they must be new as I’ve never seen anyone using them.👍

Yes good choice, I started with Niconas gear having had the 3, 4A and still have the 5.
When digital arrived, I used Panasonic LX5 compact in a nauticam housing with Inon Flash and twin Inon LED lamps. Perfectly adequate for the type of diving I did. (Have retired from Scuba now). Sold all my digital UW gear but still have a collection of my old film cameras.
Not quite ready to hang up the fins yet I want to revisit all the places I went when I only had an Olympus compact and then a canon G15 😄

A couple taken with the Diopter on the housing. Popcorn shrimp with eggs in the soft coral and the pygmy sea horse. I tried for so long to get a good image of the sea horse these things are tiny. the guide found it but every time I looked at the camera i lost it. I had to get him to point at it with his pointing stick and then I would nod my head so he could pull it out of the shot. Not quite perfect but by far the best I have so far. Also got him to backlight it a little with his torch for the effect on the edges of the coral.
Lembeh Pygmy sea horse 5.jpg
  • ILCE-6500
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 200
Nad Popcorn Shrimp X6 Mod 1 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-6500
  • 41.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 200

Very nice and well done. I have an A6400 and love it for general use and travel but never had it housed.
Where were your shots taken?

Very nice images. I'm talking a RX100 with the Sony underwater housing to the Bali and nearby islands next year. Just snorkeling though.

Very nice images. I'm talking a RX100 with the Sony underwater housing to the Bali and nearby islands next year. Just snorkeling though.
Been to Bali many times a lot of my images are from there and other parts of Indonesia. We also visited Gili Trewangan last year. great for Turtles. Don't know if you've been before but there are some nice snorkelling sites around Amed. The Japanese wreck is very colourful and not deep.

hope you enjoy!!

Been to Bali many times a lot of my images are from there and other parts of Indonesia. We also visited Gili Trewangan last year. great for Turtles. Don't know if you've been before but there are some nice snorkelling sites around Amed. The Japanese wreck is very colourful and not deep.

hope you enjoy!!
Thanks, we're on a guided wildlife cruise around Lombok, Sumbawa, Komodo and Flores. I'm hoping for manta ray.

Very nice images.

Back