Tiny Toadies

Slug

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Greg Close
Mycena clarkeana are starting to appear with rain after a very long dry period.

FN 8 r.jpg
  • ILCE-6700
  • 105mm F2.8
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/20
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 400

I agree with Richard, lovely lighting. did you use a flash or constant light?

How do you find that setup @Slug? I have seen people on YouTube recently using a hotshoe mounted flash with various macro diffusers which seem to work well but more for top down lighting I would imagine. Also, how do you find the Sigma macro lens?

How do you find that setup @Slug? I have seen people on YouTube recently using a hotshoe mounted flash with various macro diffusers which seem to work well but more for top down lighting I would imagine. Also, how do you find the Sigma macro lens?
Pretty good actually. This Sigma 105 2.8 macro I've had for quite a few years now. It's actually an adapted Sony A mount lens from my days of using A57 and A65 cameras. It's equally as good with either Crop sensor or Full frame and some of my best results in Macro have been with this lens. I've tried many combinations of lighting including diffused snood, ring flash and bouncing a hotshoe flash but have settled on this as an easy to use from any direction, easy to mount and can be used with colour filters if desired. At the moment I have a +3 Acromatic close up lens on the filter mount which allows me in on the really tiny stuff if needed.

Thanks for the info…

Back