Followers
Following
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
Well, I might have just shot myself in the foot, but in an uncharacteristic-for-me moment of "why the heck not?" I committed to trading in my Tamron 70-300mm for the newest 50-300mm. I also had to add $400 to the trade. Why incur the financial loss you might say? Well, I have been considering it for a while and I really think I could benefit from the significantly shorter minimum focusing distance and the inclusion of vibration compensation in the newer lens. Was it worth it? I guess I'll find out in a week or two. Stay tuned.

Update:
10/03/24, sent in old lens
10/09/24, received confirmation that lens arrived and will be inspected in next "2-3 business days"
10/15/24, heard nothing from MPB (slightly worried now) so I decided to log in and check. My order stated it was ready for me to schedule payment and delivery. Ok, I guess there was a step missing in their communications. I paid extra for faster shipping because now I'm impatient 😅

So, all in all, this lens cost me a trade in and $500 (now including tax and expedited shipping costs).
Should get it on Thursday.

Looking forward to hearing how you go with it.

Lens arrived last night.
I'm really impressed with the selection of lenses on MPB, a bit better than KEH. Lens came with original box and seems to be flawless.

Will try and test it today/this weekend, though its very overcast here (couldn't even see the supermoon last night!) so it will be an experiment with flat/dull light.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back