Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Peter
City/State
Bournmeouth
Hi everyone, my camera insurance with eversure is getting close for renewal and was wondering if anyone has any experience with insurers especially when claiming ? Im currently paying £630 for £50,000 of cover . I have no issue with eversure but have not made a claim which is obviously when you find out how good they may be, any big claims out there ? good/bad ?

I just put mine on my home insurance with accidental damage cover indoors and out. It costs less than £10 a year extra to do this. I have always thought that independent insurance is a con, unless you are a professional that makes money from his photography.

I just put mine on my home insurance with accidental damage cover indoors and out. It costs less than £10 a year extra to do this. I have always thought that independent insurance is a con, unless you are a professional that makes money from his photography.
Thanks for replying, my home insurance company weren’t interested with extra cover required (£50k) do you mind me asking what you put on it ? Approx cost of items insured ? No problem if you don’t want to disclose amounts 👍🏻

Thanks for replying, my home insurance company weren’t interested with extra cover required (£50k) do you mind me asking what you put on it ? Approx cost of items insured ? No problem if you don’t want to disclose amounts 👍🏻
On mine you only have to declare any item with an individual value of £3000 or more, so the RIV is the only individual item listed at £4000, the rest are covered as they are all less than £2500 in value individually. That was the only specific the company (Sky) required. That was the same for other companies too. Assuming you have a big prime, then you would list that at 10k+ and then bodies at whatever, but you basically cover each item individually rather than all 50k worth as a whole.

On mine you only have to declare any item with an individual value of £3000 or more, so the RIV is the only individual item listed at £4000, the rest are covered as they are all less than £2500 in value individually. That was the only specific the company (Sky) required. That was the same for other companies too. Assuming you have a big prime, then you would list that at 10k+ and then bodies at whatever, but you basically cover each item individually rather than all 50k worth as a whole.
Ok thank you for replying. Our normal content insurance wanted a max total for all contents. Once we added my £50k and my partner’s £35k camera equipment it took us above the total amount they were interested in, hence we both have insurance with eversure (above value/cost covers Macs used as well).

Like I said no problem with eversure but ultimately will never find out good/bad until a claim is made, I think all insurance companies are good at taking premiums 😂

Again, thanks for your time to reply.

Hi everyone, my camera insurance with eversure is getting close for renewal and was wondering if anyone has any experience with insurers especially when claiming ? Im currently paying £630 for £50,000 of cover . I have no issue with eversure but have not made a claim which is obviously when you find out how good they may be, any big claims out there ? good/bad ?
I'm with Kev, I just put mine on my home content insurance as identified items. But I'm not a professional, and I don't have anything like £50k worth of kit. But I might even have a bit of a problem if I had to claim for all my kit - which could happen. My home was flooded out one winter when the pipes in the loft burst while we were away abroad on vacation. My contents were a complete loss and my home was completely trashed - took about 12 months before we could move back in. Buildings and contents insurance were with the same company (Aviva), buildings insurance was no problems claiming full amount for repairs, but contents was a pain in the butt. They offered a stupid amount as their valuation which I rejected and so had to photograph, itemise and get two quotes for replacement of every item. Eventually got back over 2.5x what they had originally estimated. But my camera kit are identified items with specified values with a like for like replacement. But I'm not sure if I could claim all of it if I lost everything. I guess I need to check.

I'm with Kev, I just put mine on my home content insurance as identified items. But I'm not a professional, and I don't have anything like £50k worth of kit. But I might even have a bit of a problem if I had to claim for all my kit - which could happen. My home was flooded out one winter when the pipes in the loft burst while we were away abroad on vacation. My contents were a complete loss and my home was completely trashed - took about 12 months before we could move back in. Buildings and contents insurance were with the same company (Aviva), buildings insurance was no problems claiming full amount for repairs, but contents was a pain in the butt. They offered a stupid amount as their valuation which I rejected and so had to photograph, itemise and get two quotes for replacement of every item. Eventually got back over 2.5x what they had originally estimated. But my camera kit are identified items with specified values with a like for like replacement. But I'm not sure if I could claim all of it if I lost everything. I guess I need to check.
Thank you for answering, I think we can all “bend the rules” re contents but to be 100000000% of coverage if the unbelievable happens (as you have had) then I’m happy to cover separately to be sure. It would be great to hear some good insurance pay out stories ! As stated I’m not unhappy with eversure but would love to hear some positive about any insurance companies

I’m just pulling the trigger on RV with the 3GM2 I’ve looked in depth! and going to ask Assetsure get a like for like quote can’t hurt? Good luck!

I’m just pulling the trigger on RV with the 3GM2 I’ve looked in depth! and going to ask Assetsure get a like for like quote can’t hurt? Good luck!
Hi Andy, thanks for replying. I’ve had a Quick Look at there policy wording and appear to only offer theft cover from unattended car upto £5000. It wasn’t clear if this was in total or per item but either way it would not cover my two Sony A1 (£6500) each my 600mmf4 (£12000) 400mmf28 (£10500) and just ordered 300mmf2.8 (£5700).

My current insurance covers me upto £36000 from unattended car which would be sufficient for both bodies and both lenses but not the 300mm which I have only just ordered and not received yet. Will I add more to the £36000 cover from the unattended car amount maybe not as I’m very unlikely to be carrying all 3 of those lenses at once.

Again thanks for replying

Hi Andy, thanks for replying. I’ve had a Quick Look at there policy wording and appear to only offer theft cover from unattended car upto £5000. It wasn’t clear if this was in total or per item but either way it would not cover my two Sony A1 (£6500) each my 600mmf4 (£12000) 400mmf28 (£10500) and just ordered 300mmf2.8 (£5700).

My current insurance covers me upto £36000 from unattended car which would be sufficient for both bodies and both lenses but not the 300mm which I have only just ordered and not received yet. Will I add more to the £36000 cover from the unattended car amount maybe not as I’m very unlikely to be carrying all 3 of those lenses at once.

Again thanks for replying
I better be contacting eversure I think! Great set up you have 😍

Back