In NW Tasmania.

Dip Falls 4.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
  • 34.0 mm
  • ƒ/20
  • 1/6 sec
  • ISO 100

This has to have a prominent place in your house like maybe as you walk in to you home that people notice it right away.
This is just too good to be sitting in a folder and only seen once in a while.
If you was to ask me I would say this is your shot of the year.
You have to be so proud of this one and yes to the name of a Vail of Water suits this shot so much.
Great work, I love it.

Thanks Ralph, it's one of a set I did on the day and yes I'll do something with it!
I have one in landscape format I'll include in a calendar I do every year.
Thanks again for the comment.

To bad about that distracting log. Still a great shot! Just wondering if you have taken a wider shot?

To bad about that distracting log. Still a great shot! Just wondering if you have taken a wider shot?
Yes I have several wider shots , but in Tasmania logs are very much a part of the scenery in rivers and falls.
Not a distraction at all in my view, just another element which is part of the story in the environment these days.
Logging of native forest is a huge political issue.
There are several flood washed logs across the face of the falls.

Yes I have several wider shots , but in Tasmania logs are very much a part of the scenery in rivers and falls.
Not a distraction at all in my view, just another element which is part of the story in the environment these days.
Logging of native forest is a huge political issue.
There are several flood washed logs across the face of the falls.
Yes we have this problem here in BC also. When I show people some images they say it's too bad about that log/logs. Some times logs can give you a nice leading line to the subject. Still a nice shot regardless.

Yes we have this problem here in BC also. When I show people some images they say it's too bad about that log/logs. Some times logs can give you a nice leading line to the subject. Still a nice shot regardless.
Dip Falls 2.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/20
  • 1/10 sec
  • ISO 100
Dip Falls 5.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/18
  • 1/10 sec
  • ISO 100

This is why I live by the adage of
Post It How It is And Not How You Want It To Be.
Nature is just that and there lays the story that all thing's can't be your picture postcard look.
If it is a small twig in a corner then yes move that but this with the log is what you have infront of you and to me it adds to the shot over all.
And I never even noticed it when I 1st looked at this..

Oh boy what a cool place!

This is why I live by the adage of
Post It How It is And Not How You Want It To Be.
Nature is just that and there lays the story that all thing's can't be your picture postcard look.
If it is a small twig in a corner then yes move that but this with the log is what you have infront of you and to me it adds to the shot over all.
And I never even noticed it when I 1st looked at this..
Thanks Ralph, I wouldn't show an image I wasn't happy with.
I'm not into competition photography and there will always be others who don't see things the way you do and that's fine. There's often a story behind every image and a reason for the shot but you can't expect everyone to know what that is without an explanation.

Thanks Ralph, I wouldn't show an image I wasn't happy with.
I'm not into competition photography and there will always be others who don't see things the way you do and that's fine. There's often a story behind every image and a reason for the shot but you can't expect everyone to know what that is without an explanation.
Yes I know what you mean I was on a forum and many there wanted shots to be a certain way. The way that they liked them. They were fine but every bird had to be sitting a certain way and no nothing else in the shot. Making every shot needing work.
I post what I see and like which is like you I think. And this didn't go down well and I was call difficult. But they just wanted a mini them.
I like you will not change my way but will take a little branch in the corner out but the rest remain as shot.

Back