• ISO 100

A7C01712 (1).jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 20-70mm F4 G
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 400

It could 35years since I was in Venice Alex but will be visiting soon although not staying over, anyway good job (y)

It could 35years since I was in Venice Alex but will be visiting soon although not staying over, anyway good job (y)

It's a very beautiful city full of treasures, always worthy of a visit. I was lucky to stay for 3 nights this time.

Enjoyed Venice a good few years ago, I do love visiting Italy,

I’m back to Misano Adriatico in 12 days to watch WSB, then off to Perugia a few weeks after.

Then looking for something near Salerno or a bit further south in September, well that’s the plan 🇮🇹

Very nice indeed. Fascinating place

Very nice photos.

I was there for a few days in 1985. I enjoyed my time there very much. There is a B&W photo of a couple of Gondoliers in my gallery that I took back then and scanned recently that I think is one of the best photos I have ever taken.

Enjoyed Venice a good few years ago, I do love visiting Italy,

I’m back to Misano Adriatico in 12 days to watch WSB, then off to Perugia a few weeks after.

Then looking for something near Salerno or a bit further south in September, well that’s the plan 🇮🇹

They talk wonders about Perugia, it's one of the few regions I haven't visited yet in Italy. As for the south, I enjoy the Puglia region in the southeast of Italy, very recommended.

Very nice indeed. Fascinating place

Thank you. It's one of those rare, magical places that surpasses any expectations you may had. Fascinating indeed.

Very nice photos.

I was there for a few days in 1985. I enjoyed my time there very much. There is a B&W photo of a couple of Gondoliers in my gallery that I took back then and scanned recently that I think is one of the best photos I have ever taken.

That picture of the gondoliers was my favourite of yours, it's an inspiring place. I took some. Pictures of gondoliers but they're not an easy subject (and they don't welcome pictures now). You should visit it again for new perspectives and shots.

You should visit it again for new perspectives and shots.
I would love to. Unfortunately, I live a lot further away than you do!

Just out of interest, do you fly there or travel by train?

I would love to. Unfortunately, I live a lot further away than you do!

Just out of interest, do you fly there or travel by train?
By plane! Faster and more convenient. You just have to book the flights early before they get too expensive.

I travelled around Europe by train for 2 months in 1985 when I was only 24...

Yes, Puglia is great, we have stayed in a lovely Villa in the vineyards somewhere near a great little village, town called Alberebello. We do need to go back to the region to explore more for sure.

We’ve also stayed in a great vineyard place a few years ago, not too far from Sienna and Monteriggioni, loved Sienna!

For thos trip, we are a bit further east, not too far from the lake known as Parco Regionale del Lago Trasimeno, but close to Perugia itself.

Looking forward to it.

Yes, Puglia is great, we have stayed in a lovely Villa in the vineyards somewhere near a great little village, town called Alberebello. We do need to go back to the region to explore more for sure.

We’ve also stayed in a great vineyard place a few years ago, not too far from Sienna and Monteriggioni, loved Sienna!

For thos trip, we are a bit further east, not too far from the lake known as Parco Regionale del Lago Trasimeno, but close to Perugia itself.

Looking forward to it.

There's lots of greenery in Perugia apparently. You will enjoy it for sure! Please share some photos when you come back.

Back