Your Photo of the Week

Well done! Was all worth it then.

Woke up @ 4:30 AM and could not get back to sleep, so I got up @ 5:00 and head out to a place i don't often go to the traffic was so bad it took more than an 11/2hr to get there when it should have only taken 40 min. Only 5 min. and here is this Barred Owl,View attachment 64699 like 30' away. You just got to love when things go right!
Excellent. Id be very happy with an Owl that close to home

Heavy traffic t 5am is depressing --- but that lovely owl certainly made it worth while!

We went to Cley today, as I was aware of a large influx of Cattle Egret (very unusually btw) and we weren't disappointed. 25 or more om site, but, of the shots I've looked at so far, this is one of my favourites, 2 of the Cattle Egrets, the smallest Egret, with a very nice Great White Egret separating them. Quite a big crop, as the beggars didn't want to come close today.

DSC07786 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 1250

Beach day at Sitges.

A7C02490 (1).jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 40mm F2.5 G
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

From a country fair we attended today, Amadeus, the most magnificent of all horses. Well known as being the horse in Lloyds Bank adverts here, but also seen in Game of Thrones, with his owner (the rider here), who is a stuntman.
DSC08317 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 4000

Love horses but so scared of them. Great shot.

Love horses but so scared of them. Great shot.
Thanks. Many people are scared of them, big creatures, but very intelligent. They sense fear and react. I've never had one be aggressive to me, but I have no fear of them.

Love horses but so scared of them.

I am not afraid of them, but prefer to have a fence between me and them. I know very well that a friendly swipe with the head can send me flying! I'm not a rider.

Lovely pic, uncle Kev. How did you get the focus on the horse/rider here? Just 'wide?'

From a country fair we attended today, Amadeus, the most magnificent of all horses. Well known as being the horse in Lloyds Bank adverts here, but also seen in Game of Thrones, with his owner (the rider here), who is a stuntman.View attachment 65514

Ace shot. Congratulations.

I am not afraid of them, but prefer to have a fence between me and them. I know very well that a friendly swipe with the head can send me flying! I'm not a rider.

Lovely pic, uncle Kev. How did you get the focus on the horse/rider here? Just 'wide?'
Cheers Thad. No, my standard shooting mode of single centre point.

A Migrant Hawker Dragonfly in flight this afternoon. It's been a while since I photographed these.
DSC08788 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 474.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1000

Peek-A-Boo Arctic Wolves at Jimmys Farm and Wildlife. They are quite distant at this park, but good light means low ISO and lots of detail retained. Beautiful animals.
DSC08649 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 200

Back