Zeiss 55mm f/1.8 manual focus assistance (mounted on A7II)

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

LMS676

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Richard7826
Hi Everyone,
I just bought a Sony A7II camera with the magnificent Zeiss 55mm f/1.8. The accutance of this lens is just incredible in combination of that camera, it makes me happy at every shot.
But of course, unfortunately, there is a but... I'm also using my camera for filming, and I am used to use manual focusing when shooting films. The problem I encounter with that lens (and also with the Zeiss 24-70mm) when manual focusing is the assistance, which makes the focusing slower or faster depending on how much speed you apply on the focus ring. It makes it impossible to use it effectively in video mode.
I tried deactivating it in the menus but couldn't find anything. Is there any way to disable it?
Thank you!

Hi Richard,

I think you may have manual focus assist turned on, useful for photography not so in video.

Have a look here https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1450/v1/en/contents/TP0000390694.html

I’d try turning it off and see if that also turns it off in video mode. I don’t have that camera to test it but i do know in later models there is an option to separate many “linked” functions.

Hopefully that will do it.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back