200-600 lens sharpness opinipons

I'll have a look at that...

Hedllo folks,
After reading some posts about a poster's 200-6000 not being sharp, it made me curious abbout mine. So I took this shot yesterday. May I please get your opinion on the sharpness?
Thank youView attachment 63176
I had a 16x20 print made of this image, it arrived yesterday and turned out great. All of the details are there. It’s definitely worthy of a nice frame and I can get back to shooting with some of my favorite primes.

Is this straight out of the camera? It's okay, but not as tack sharp as I prefer. I also do some sharpening in post, and often with Topaz. Also the LR clarity and texture sliders seem to help sharpen up a picture.

Is this straight out of the camera? It's okay, but not as tack sharp as I prefer. I also do some sharpening in post, and often with Topaz. Also the LR clarity and texture sliders seem to help sharpen up a picture.
No, it’s not straight out the camera. I had a 16x20 print made and it turned out great, so I’m happy with it.

I see that you have a nice set of zooms. Do you think my 200-600 needs a firmware update or some kind of other work? That was really what I was trying to find out. Thank you.

Back