Street A sunny afternoon in Norwich

Unframed Dave

Veteran Member
Followers
Following
Name
Dave
I love the challenge of street photography, and I'll be the first to admit, that a lot of luck comes into play. There isn't time to compose, you see a character, some good light or a bit of colour and you have to take the shot. I'm not happy with any of these, but they're the best of the bunch from today's walk.

7CR01228a.JPG
  • ILCE-7CR
  • ISO 125
7CR01230a.JPG
  • ILCE-7CR
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 125
7CR01246a.JPG
  • ILCE-7CR
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 125
7CR01249a.JPG
  • ILCE-7CR
  • ISO 125
7CR01250a.JPG
  • ILCE-7CR
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 125
7CR01254a.JPG
  • ILCE-7CR
  • ISO 125
7CR01265a.JPG
  • ILCE-7CR
  • 40.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.5
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 125

I'm not happy with any of these, but they're the best of the bunch from today's walk.
I don’t really do much street photography at all & I’m certainly no expert but some of these look really good to me. I think they could maybe be improved with a little bit of judicious editing but keep up the good work!

I don’t really do much street photography at all & I’m certainly no expert but some of these look really good to me. I think they could maybe be improved with a little bit of judicious editing but keep up the good work!
Thank you, I don't do any editing other than cropping and straightening of horizontals. Wysiwyg!

That’s more or less what I meant really. Have you cropped any of these?
Indeed I have, it's an issue with modern street photography. There is crap everywhere, signs on pavements, graffiti, dross, everywhere. Then there's the light in towns and cities. The very nature of them obscures it. The shot of the canoes is a good example, it was cloudy yesterday, with the sun behind the cloud, they looked dull and the reflections were vague. Then there was wind and current constantly moving them around. That shot took about 15 minutes and has the hell cropped out of it to get rid of all the crap. I'll find the full frame shot later

Try it, feel the frustration.

There is a branch of street photography where you ask permission to photograph someone. In that scenario, you have more time, and you can move around, in some ways it's easier, others more difficult, rejection hurts. I do that as well but less frequently.

Seriously though, give it a go.

Back