Sony A7R V A7r V screen not bright enough

SLG

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Sergio
Hello, I´m new with Sony cameras, had a Canon 5d IV before. The thing is my A7R V´s rear screen has very low intensity/brightness, even in Sunny Weather mode ON or manual mode +2, to the point I cant barely see anything in a bright day. I live in Spain and these days sun is VERY bright. Anyone having this problem? Thank you in advance!

Rear screens are notorious for this. I rarely use the rear screen for taking photos unless the camera is on a tripod (and even then only in low light). Anyway, the A7R V has the best EVF available. Just use that...

When I am in bright sun I always use the viewfinder, both for framing the shot, and for reviewing it.

If you cannot use the viewfinder (I recommend using it - it is much more detailed than the rear screen), then you might consider getting a third party hood for the rear screen. I have seen a couple of versions, but the only name that comes to mind is something like “HoodMan”.

As with the others, I don't really use it for this reason. The only exception is when I am shooting Macro

Back