Followers
Following
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
In Star Wars, my favorite spaceship is the X-Wing. If you don't know what that is, well, you might live under a rock 😅
Given some recent wind in the garden, the Dragonflies have been doing a balancing act which has them flexing their wings in a similar "X" pattern, hence the Sci-Fi reference. Just thought it was interesting, compared to their typical posture where forward and rear wings are aligned. Or maybe I was just looking for an excuse to post these photos haha.

DSC02608.jpg
  • E 70-300mm F4.5-6.3 A047
  • 300.0 mm
  • Æ’/6.3000001907349
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

DSC02618.jpg
  • 300.0 mm
  • Æ’/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

DSC02619.jpg
  • 300.0 mm
  • Æ’/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

DSC02621.jpg
  • 300.0 mm
  • Æ’/8
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 125

Even those of us that do live under rocks have an idea what Starwars X wings might be, especially after the big clue in your first pic! :ROFLMAO:

Lovely pics. They get better and better as I scroll down.

(Wondered why: took another look. I prefer the ones with the darker backgrounds)

Even those of us that do live under rocks have an idea what Starwars X wings might be, especially after the big clue in your first pic! :ROFLMAO:

Lovely pics. They get better and better as I scroll down.

(Wondered why: took another look. I prefer the ones with the darker backgrounds)
Thank you Thad. The first shot wasn't a great one, but got the "X" theme across. The ones with the green background were best because they were at (or slightly above) eye-level on my mango tree.

In Star Wars, my favorite spaceship is the X-Wing. If you don't know what that is, well, you might live under a rock 😅
Given some recent wind in the garden, the Dragonflies have been doing a balancing act which has them flexing their wings in a similar "X" pattern, hence the Sci-Fi reference. Just thought it was interesting, compared to their typical posture where forward and rear wings are aligned. Or maybe I was just looking for an excuse to post these photos haha.

View attachment 63032
View attachment 63033
View attachment 63034
View attachment 63035
Great shots love the wing details. Actually, they reminded me of aircraft in the new Dune movie - I just watched Dune Part II Sunday night and your dragonflies reminded me of those aircraft - good movie by the way, highly recommending watch the new Dune verion Part I and Part II.

Great shots love the wing details. Actually, they reminded me of aircraft in the new Dune movie - I just watched Dune Part II Sunday night and your dragonflies reminded me of those aircraft - good movie by the way, highly recommending watch the new Dune verion Part I and Part II.
Ornithopters, yes, they were modeled after dragonflies for sure! I saw part 1 and hope to see part 2 soon.

Back