Following
Name
Susanne
Country
Ireland
CC Welcome
  1. No
Hi everyone!
Thanks for letting me join the forum. I'm a Swedish amateur photographer in rural West Cork, Ireland.

I want to use as small and lightweight equipment as possible and I've been happily shooting with Micro four thirds cameras for many years but recently felt my requirements for what I want my photos to look like have changed, and I've been frustrated with the technical quality of my images. I started thinking about whether I should go full frame but also knew I'll never be interested in a bulky DSLR. I started doing some research, and this week I finally made a decision to go and buy a Sony a7III and a 28-75 mm lens which were on discount in a local (ish) camera shop.

After the initial discomfort of a huge heavy lens (I'm used to Micro four thirds prime lenses that weigh just slightly more than a euro coin) I'm getting used to it and I'm absolutely in love with what I can produce with this camera. I've explored the menu options, set up custom buttons and menu items, but have SO MUCH to learn about using this camera.

I shoot a bit of everything but my favourite niches are macro, gigs (mostly in a specific pub in town), street/urban, simple nature photos when I go for walks, and recently I've started getting into sports photography.

I hope to learn from you here, get some inspiration, and hope to chat with you soon.

Welcome, I am also new here. Have had Olympus (FT and mFT) for 14 years. Meanwhile the development is contrary. mFT is getting larger and FF more compact....see the OM-System 150-600 lens (that had been designed for FF - OM System were lazy and simply adopted it).

Welcome, I am also new here. Have had Olympus (FT and mFT) for 14 years. Meanwhile the development is contrary. mFT is getting larger and FF more compact....see the OM-System 150-600 lens (that had been designed for FF - OM System were lazy and simply adopted it).
This is interesting, isn’t it? I had a good zoom lens for my Olympus but it got fungus so I had to discard it. I never got another zoom lens (except I had a kit lens that I didn’t like) because they were all so bulky and I was happy with my primes.

For my Sony camera now I plan to just use this 28-75 mm for some time and see later if I miss something and maybe get a second lens later.

Hi everyone!
Thanks for letting me join the forum. I'm a Swedish amateur photographer in rural West Cork, Ireland.

I want to use as small and lightweight equipment as possible and I've been happily shooting with Micro four thirds cameras for many years but recently felt my requirements for what I want my photos to look like have changed, and I've been frustrated with the technical quality of my images. I started thinking about whether I should go full frame but also knew I'll never be interested in a bulky DSLR. I started doing some research, and this week I finally made a decision to go and buy a Sony a7III and a 28-75 mm lens which were on discount in a local (ish) camera shop.

After the initial discomfort of a huge heavy lens (I'm used to Micro four thirds prime lenses that weigh just slightly more than a euro coin) I'm getting used to it and I'm absolutely in love with what I can produce with this camera. I've explored the menu options, set up custom buttons and menu items, but have SO MUCH to learn about using this camera.

I shoot a bit of everything but my favourite niches are macro, gigs (mostly in a specific pub in town), street/urban, simple nature photos when I go for walks, and recently I've started getting into sports photography.

I hope to learn from you here, get some inspiration, and hope to chat with you soon.
Hi Susanne, welcome to the forum. A7iii is a great camera. I'm looking forward to seeing your shots, sounds like interesting themes.

Hi Susanne. Welcome to the forum. I moved to Sony at the end of last year. One of the main reasons I chose them was the huge selection of lenses available, both from them & from the likes of Sigma & Tamron etc. I’m sure you’ll get all the help & inspiration you need from here.

Welcome!

Greetings from a 2nd generation Irishman ☘️ my dad and mom's dad were born there.

I also shifted from μ43 (to an a7r²), and keep the big kit small with an 18, 28-60 and dt55-200 +ea3. It definitely opens up new ways to shoot when a large and modern sensor is used. My eM1 is my preferred body, newer ones add features I don't use and lose some things I like i.e. tip screen.

Looking forward to seeing more of west Cork! Loved the Beara peninsula loop in my 2001 visit, though my cameras were not up to the beauty.

Greetings from a 2nd generation Irishman ☘️ my dad and mom's dad were born there.

I also shifted from μ43 (to an a7r²), and keep the big kit small with an 18, 28-60 and dt55-200 +ea3. It definitely opens up new ways to shoot when a large and modern sensor is used. My eM1 is my preferred body, newer ones add features I don't use and lose some things I like i.e. tip screen.

Looking forward to seeing more of west Cork! Loved the Beara peninsula loop in my 2001 visit, though my cameras were not up to the beauty.

Thanks for reminding me of Beara peninsula! I haven’t been there for a long time and only been there quite briefly once. The scenery there is stunning!

Is that anywhere near Craggy Island? 😳

Is that anywhere near Craggy Island? 😳
Nope, this is on the west coast of Ireland, look up Dursey island, which is just outside the peninsula, or Eyeries which is a beautiful village on the peninsula

Sorry, that was a joke. Craggy Island is the fictional home of Father Ted, one of, if not the, funniest TV shows ever made (in my opinion). It was supposed to be located on the west coast of Ireland.

I have looked up the places you mentioned. Very picturesque. I look forward to seeing some of your images.

Sorry, that was a joke. Craggy Island is the fictional home of Father Ted, one of, if not the, funniest TV shows ever made (in my opinion). It was supposed to be located on the west coast of Ireland.

I have looked up the places you mentioned. Very picturesque. I look forward to seeing some of your images.
Yes, it's located in Clare (further north) - you can even visit the house! I didn't know about a name of where it takes place, apparently I need to watch a lot more of it! And I agree - the funniest TV show ever made! I found a Craggy island outside of Australia, btw :)

There is a Craggy Island in Bass Strait between the mainland & Tasmania.

Back