Milky Way Astro-seascapes & landscapes

Last weekend I travelled to a farmstay the other side of Bendigo to attend a workshop by Richard Tatti on night landscape photography. One of many shots during the weekend.
Forum-7CR08354.jpg
  • Viltrox 16mm F1.8 FE
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.7999999523163
  • 15 sec
  • ISO 2000

Great pic. How did you find the workshop? Was Richard in good form? I see he has recently put up a video on YouTube about Astro time lapse. That’s what I’m really interested in.

The weekend was great, very intensive. Richard was great, getting us to really think about the settings etc. that we tend to use for our night photography. We largely stuck to using our cameras and tripods. Things like time lapse, star trackers, etc. got some brief coverage in the indoor sessions. Unfortunately, there was fairly heavy cloud cover for a lot of the weekend, but we all learned a lot. He keeps the groups to just five so that you don't get lost in the crowd. Although he does a lot of talking during the theory, and processing sessions, it is more conversational in nature rather than lectures. As with his videos, he encouraged us to look a bit deeper at the possibilities of seemingly mundane objects taking on a different nature when lit and photographed at night.
Forum-7CR08426.jpg
  • Viltrox 16mm F1.8 FE
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 10 sec
  • ISO 2500

Back