Sony A1 New firmware 2.2

Well I like the update through the memory card! Less chance for errors! I think Focus Stacking would be cool also, along with Pre-capture.

Anyone updated yet? feedback if you have, doe`s it fix 200-600 issue which I seem to have with the a1 pairing at the moment

Anyone updated yet? feedback if you have, doe`s it fix 200-600 issue which I seem to have with the a1 pairing at the moment
yes, I've just done it. I was having a lot of problems with my 200-600 intermittently not focusing and was having to remove the battery to reset it.
The update can now be done via the card which is much simpler and took about 4 minutes. I've tried a practice shoot in the garden for about 15 minutes turning the camera on and off quite a few times and the problem seems to have been solved (fingers crossed). I'll be going out to a couple of reserves over the weekend or Monday (depending on the weather) and so will give it a longer test then.

Ok so grabbed the a9 and 200-600 to confirm lens issue compared to a1 200-600 and yes night and day difference.
So I went to Sony site and read update info and since I have version 1.32 I need to update to version 2.01 and then memory card to update to version 2.02, fine except version 2.01 keeps saying it is corrupted and failed 3 times so once again Sony mess up. My a1 is still running 1.32 so I have no clue how I get to 2.02 they say you will lock the camera if you just do the 2.02 update

Ok so grabbed the a9 and 200-600 to confirm lens issue compared to a1 200-600 and yes night and day difference.
So I went to Sony site and read update info and since I have version 1.32 I need to update to version 2.01 and then memory card to update to version 2.02, fine except version 2.01 keeps saying it is corrupted and failed 3 times so once again Sony mess up. My a1 is still running 1.32 so I have no clue how I get to 2.02 they say you will lock the camera if you just do the 2.02 update
I think you have to update to version 1.35 then 2.01 and finally 2.02.

So all updates done, hope I don`t regret it

I've updated both of my a1 bodies to 2.02. One had the battery drain problem which was fixed with a hard reset. Other than this, no problems.

Hi Doug,

Can I ask how you performed a hard reset? I have noticed an issue where the battery use seems much faster than before the update, so would like to try this to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Angus.

Hi Doug,

Can I ask how you performed a hard reset? I have noticed an issue where the battery use seems much faster than before the update, so would like to try this to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Angus.

Turn the camera off and remove the battery.
Let the camera sit powered off and untouched for one minute.
Turn the camera to the on position without the battery inserted and hold the shutter down for 30 seconds.
Turn the camera to the off position.
Reinsert the battery and power the camera on.

I do feel for all the people with problems, a proper nightmare thats simply not good enough from Sony. I don't shoot video and all my lenses work fine so I will not be updating.

Turn the camera off and remove the battery.
Let the camera sit powered off and untouched for one minute.
Turn the camera to the on position without the battery inserted and hold the shutter down for 30 seconds.
Turn the camera to the off position.
Reinsert the battery and power the camera on.
Doug,

Problem solved.
I had never seen this hard reset information anywhere.
Out of interest do you know if this is a standard hard reset for the A1 and A7 bodies or is it model specific?

Thank you

Doug,

Problem solved.
I had never seen this hard reset information anywhere.
Out of interest do you know if this is a standard hard reset for the A1 and A7 bodies or is it model specific?

Thank you
No clue. It was recommended to solve this particular problem with the a1 update.

Back