On Sony A7R5 and Lens FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II use focus zone

Mickey_Ko

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
MICHAEL KOENIGSTEIN
Hi:
I very new to photography and need some help. I am using the Sony A7R5 with the FE 24-70 mm F2.8 GM II Lense. I am trying to set up the Lense and camera in a way that I can control the focus zone and the rest allow the camera use the auto focus. In other words, use Intelligent focus but be able to choose the focus zone.
Is this possible? Could someone help me with the correct setup

Thanks

Michael

Hi. I have just noticed your question that hasn't been answered. I also have the Sony A7R5 with the FE 24-70 mm F2.8 GM II Lens. If I am understanding correctly what you are looking for, I don't believe this is available with this combination. Lenses that allow this, normally macro or tele lenses, usually have a switch on the lens.

Sony cameras like the A7RV have lots of focus controls, and it can be confusing.

There is the choice of subject recognition type (human vs animal vs bird vs insect, etc) - I don’t think that’s what you are asking for.

If, by “zone” you mean you want to control how much of the field of view the autofocus looks at, I think you are looking for Focus Area. There are several choices, from Wide (pretty much the entire field of view) down to Small Spot (it’s small, and a spot ;) ) - you can point it almost anywhere in the field of view.

Back