Followers
Following
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
ON1 2025 is coming this month. Who is upgrading?
I am still using ON1 2024.5. The whole point of getting ON1 was to avoid annual subscription costs such as Adobe charges, however they keep releasing a new version every year and giving a small discount to existing owners in the hope of getting them to upgrade. I know development costs money, but this practically amounts to the same spending habit as a subscription.

I'm mostly happy with ON1 2024.5. It does everything I need, even if it doesn't have AI generative fill or AI-powered object removal. My only grumble is that ON1's denoising tool seems to require more and more horsepower every upgrade and my tablet is now struggling. Net result, I use that tool less. Maybe removing that crutch will make me a better photographer as I now have to consider noise and exposure more carefully before I hit the shutter? Or would upgraded software have more efficient code and ease my hardware constraints? I just don't know.

ON1 2025 is coming this month. Who is upgrading?
I am still using ON1 2024.5. The whole point of getting ON1 was to avoid annual subscription costs such as Adobe charges, however they keep releasing a new version every year and giving a small discount to existing owners in the hope of getting them to upgrade. I know development costs money, but this practically amounts to the same spending habit as a subscription.

I'm mostly happy with ON1 2024.5. It does everything I need, even if it doesn't have AI generative fill or AI-powered object removal. My only grumble is that ON1's denoising tool seems to require more and more horsepower every upgrade and my tablet is now struggling. Net result, I use that tool less. Maybe removing that crutch will make me a better photographer as I now have to consider noise and exposure more carefully before I hit the shutter? Or would upgraded software have more efficient code and ease my hardware constraints? I just don't know.
What are the costs like Chris?

What are the costs like Chris?
For an upgrade as an existing customer: $80 USD to own it outright, or $7.50 USD per month to subscribe.
For new users I think that price is $100 USD. I don't see a different cost for the subscription model.

I am still using the 2022 version, which I am reasonably happy with. At first sight there does not seem to be any change that I would find particularly useful.

I am still using the 2022 version, which I am reasonably happy with. At first sight there does not seem to be any change that I would find particularly useful.
The changes they keep adding seem geared towards end users who want AI-this&that editing tools or straight up image manipulation. I suppose it shouldn't be surprising from a company that specializes in sky swaps. For the actual editing of raw photos, not much has changed, no.

Back