A7408861.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 800

Thanks ..

What’s the single thing that contributes to how sharp your shot is with that lens, the shutter speed?

What’s the single thing that contributes to how sharp your shot is with that lens, the shutter speed?
The bird came to the same spot every time, so knowing that i put the camera to tracking and selected single point with aut. iso and shutter speed 1/3200 sec. and eyefocus on birds. I have these selections programmed on my custom button C1. The only remaining thing was to press the shutter button.

The bird came to the same spot every time, so knowing that i put the camera to tracking and selected single point with aut. iso and shutter speed 1/3200 sec. and eyefocus on birds. I have these selections programmed on my custom button C1. The only remaining thing was to press the shutter button.

So do you use afc? I’m just learning to use that lens.

I’ve got focus set at afc, tracking center, iso auto, shutter priority, and shutter speed 2,200, steady shot off, optical steady shot off, lens mode 1. Should focus be on wide instead of center, or is center ok? Does this set up look ok?

It looks like I should shoot in manual. I have my camera all set up, and just waiting on the sun to rise.

I’ve got focus set at afc, tracking center, iso auto, shutter priority, and shutter speed 2,200, steady shot off, optical steady shot off, lens mode 1. Should focus be on wide instead of center, or is center ok? Does this set up look ok?
This set up looks okay to me for flying birds.

They are sitting still. I tried shooting in manual for the first time thinking that my camera was still metering the image. Boy was I wrong. They were terribly underexposed. Also, in post, I was able to tell that I had a lot of trash on my sensor. Tomorrow will be a better day. So my histogram was right after all. What’s the easiest way to adjust the shutter speed to get it as high as possible and keeping the iso as low as possible and try to at f/7.1. When you change one it affects the other. I’m shooting under a huge oak tree which stays shaded most of the day. Thank you for your advice.

They are sitting still. I tried shooting in manual for the first time thinking that my camera was still metering the image. Boy was I wrong. They were terribly underexposed. Also, in post, I was able to tell that I had a lot of trash on my sensor. Tomorrow will be a better day. So my histogram was right after all. What’s the easiest way to adjust the shutter speed to get it as high as possible and keeping the iso as low as possible and try to at f/7.1. When you change one it affects the other. I’m shooting under a huge oak tree which stays shaded most of the day. Thank you for your advice.
You asked me how I I took my photo and how I take pictures of birds in flight. This works for me. When you are not okay with your photo I advice you to try and experiment other adjustments. Hope you will have better results the next time.

Thank you Jan, I’m sure I will get it worked out. The first thing I need to do is clean my sensor which I’m about to do now. Have a great day.

Thank you Terry. Cleaning the sensor is sometimes necessary. Have a nice day too !

Back