Sony A6700 remote for a6700

reichorn

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Frederick Eichorn
I have a Vello ShutterBoss II and a Vello Wireless ShutterBoss 4.0 that I use with my a6600. Can they be used with the a6700? There doesn't seem to be be a port on the camera to connect the remote.

Unfortunately Sony seems to have removed the wired remote shutter release facility from all of their newer compact bodies. The micro-USB like multiport in previous models has been replaced with a USB-C port, good news for in camera charging, and file transfer, but terrible for those of us wanting to use an external intervalometer, or shutter release. I have a similar remote for my A6600, but it's not compatible with my A7CR. I have no direct experience with the A6700, but suspect it is similar to the other new compact bodies. For a remote shutter release on my A7CR I use my phone and the Sony Creator app, for an intervalometer I use the in-camera one. Sorry I can't be of more help, but hopefully this will assist a little.

Unfortunately Sony seems to have removed the wired remote shutter release facility from all of their newer compact bodies. The micro-USB like multiport in previous models has been replaced with a USB-C port, good news for in camera charging, and file transfer, but terrible for those of us wanting to use an external intervalometer, or shutter release. I have a similar remote for my A6600, but it's not compatible with my A7CR. I have no direct experience with the A6700, but suspect it is similar to the other new compact bodies. For a remote shutter release on my A7CR I use my phone and the Sony Creator app, for an intervalometer I use the in-camera one. Sorry I can't be of more help, but hopefully this will assist a little.
Thanks- that is disappointing.

Back