Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Etienne Steenkamp
Country
South Africa
Went on a road trip which included two Bortle 4 regions and one Bortle 2 region, with the intention of doing some Landscape astrophotography, even planned everything out with the PhotoPills app. So I got the first two shots in the Bortle 4 regions, but unfortunately the clouds came in when I was in the Bortle 2 region and all I could get before the sky was completely overcast, was a rainbow. That night, when I was meant to photograph the stars, it was pouring with rain.

20240824-A1_00340-Enhanced-NR-2.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 14mm F1.8 GM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 13 sec
  • ISO 4000

20240825-A1_00473-Enhanced-NR.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 14mm F1.8 GM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 13 sec
  • ISO 1600

20240827-A1B00942.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM
  • 34.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 160

Nice shot's, it can be really frustrating when you plan out a shoot, and then get blocked by the weather. Obviously, like me, you have yet to find the right person at the weather bureau to pay to organise perfect conditions for our shots:D. Really like the first photo.

I had planned a couple of hopeful Milky Way shots last week also, one from where I took the long exposure photos of the old jetty but the weather was less than kind to me too.

Really like the first photo.
Thank you 😊

Nice shot's, it can be really frustrating when you plan out a shoot, and then get blocked by the weather. Obviously, like me, you have yet to find the right person at the weather bureau to pay to organise perfect conditions for our shots:D.

I had planned a couple of hopeful Milky Way shots last week also, one from where I took the long exposure photos of the old jetty but the weather was less than kind to me too.

From years of doing triathlons, I have learned to just accept whatever the weather brings. That's the one factor you can never control and you just have to accept and make the best of the situation. But if I can find the right person at the weather bureau that will certainly be a big help 😂

Last edited:
Awesome Milky Way shots

Back