Followers
Following
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
It was bound to happen. Just as the first ZV-E10 took the A6400 internals, ditched the EVF, and added an articulated screen, it was only a matter of time before they would do that with the A6700/FX30 sensor. I know we don't have many (if any?) vloggers on the forum, but who knows if that will change in the future.

I do wonder if they will include IBIS in this more budget-oriented model...

Sony Alpha Rumors says July 10th 2024 will be the announcement of this camera.
I'm not in the market, just want to see what features they added since the A6700. There is always a bit of disparity between the ZV and A6xxx line.

Oooh - so the rumourmongers suggest the Sony EV10 II announced on 10 July, and the Canon R5 II and R1 on 17 July - seems like Canon must be feeling terribly threatened by the EV10 II...

It's been a weird 2024 for Sony... slow start, then a rush of announcements, then silence again, now supposedly the ZV-E10-II, 85 f1.4 GMII and 24-70 f2 GM coming in a matter of weeks.

There was mention of a possible new kit lens for the APSC line-up, but no clue if that's true or wishful thinking.

There was mention of a possible new kit lens for the APSC line-up, but no clue if that's true or wishful thinking.

I'm wishing for a new compact prime lens in line of the 24/40/50 G combo they released 3 years ago... A compact 70 or 85 G lens would be pretty unique and a welcome addition. Apparently the 24 and 40 lenses have a growing popularity nowadays thanks to the 6700 and A7CII success, so one can only hope.

They keep releasing those compact cameras but no truly compact lenses to accompany them.

I'm wishing for a new compact prime lens in line of the 24/40/50 G combo they released 3 years ago... A compact 70 or 85 G lens would be pretty unique and a welcome addition. Apparently the 24 and 40 lenses have a growing popularity nowadays thanks to the 6700 and A7CII success, so one can only hope.

They keep releasing those compact cameras but no truly compact lenses to accompany them.
Very true. I have that 24mm G and it is a nice lens, the size is just right. They also prove that you don't need every lens to be f1.4.

Very true. I have that 24mm G and it is a nice lens, the size is just right. They also prove that you don't need every lens to be f1.4.

I'm considering on getting the 24mm G to accompany my 40m. When Sony does it right, it's magic. Let's see what they bring us in the months ahead...

Back