Sony A9 III Sony A9iii Burst issue

akira5

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Akira Smithson
I just got the a9m3 body. To give some background I’m using CF express type A Lexar card. Sony GM 16-35 2.8 lens.
For some reason I’m not getting the image bursts of 30, 60, 120. I have it set to continuous drive hi+. But when I press the shutter It takes two seconds just to get around 20-28 frames. Any advice would be appreciated.
Best,
Akira

What's your shutter speed set to?
I’m shooting 200-250 shutter. I tried it again with a Sony gm 16-35 and I was able to get the 120 burst. Do you know how many frames you can get with a Sony or 3rd party flash?
I tried my Godox v1pro and only got 20-30 frames a second. I had it in flash timing sequence.

I don't have the A9III but according to this thread on DPReview it's limited to 30 fps with both Sony and third-party flashes:

But if you read this thread on Fred Miranda someone is saying that if you use a trigger that supports legacy mode and the camera's trigger pin is always on (Sync Terminal Settings = Always) you can go faster: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1844172/

Thanks for the links. Really helpful! The 30fps with flash isn't too bad. I was trying to use composite raw setting with flash and it greys out my flash.
Any info on flash being disabled in composite raw?

Thanks for the links. Really helpful! The 30fps with flash isn't too bad. I was trying to use composite raw setting with flash and it greys out my flash.
Any info on flash being disabled in composite raw?
With composite RAW flash mode is fixed at Off I'm afraid and some functions such as Pre-Capture and Continuous Speed Shooting Boost are also not available. The lowest allowable shutter speed for Composite RAW is also 1/30 second.

You will also need to check you shutter setting. You will only get the max speeds if you are set to release and not balance or focus.

You will also need to check you shutter setting. You will only get the max speeds if you are set to release and not balance or focus.
Thanks. Is that in the shutter menu under Release Lag / Start Display? I set it to fastest release. Is that the one you mentioned?

With composite RAW flash mode is fixed at Off I'm afraid and some functions such as Pre-Capture and Continuous Speed Shooting Boost are also not available. The lowest allowable shutter speed for Composite RAW is also 1/30 second.
Thanks for the info. I read on a post that if you set in shutter menu - Terminal sync settings to always that you can get more frames with a flash. Any thoughts on that? I tried it but didn't see any difference. The most I am able to get with a godox V1Pro is 17-20 FPS

Back