Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Two trees in the New Forest. This is a three image pano.

two trees-3_edited3.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 100

At least if you were camping you would have your wood supply. But interesting that both look to have died at the same time area.
This is a good pano shot that you have got here.

Great picture. I might cut the right side to move the trees out of the center. The two big bushes on the right draw my eyes away from the trees.

Thanks Ralph, Roland and Shelton for the helpful comments. I've tried both suggestions, (1) cropping out the brush on the left and then (2) cropping out some of the foreground as well as the crop of the brush on the right.

I personally don't think that crop (2) works. For me, the foreground draws my eye into the image to where the main even is. However, I do like crop (1). Cropping out the brush in the foreground on the right moves the trees from the centre to the right making them more of a feature. So, I'm torn between the original and crop (1), possibly favouring crop (1). Comments and suggestions welcome.

two trees-6_edited.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 100
two trees-7_edited.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 100

The 2nd crop is too long and thin feels cramped, I didn't explain myself well - I was hoping you'd already cropped some sky out in the original thus allowing to move the crop up (keeping the same ratio) if that makes sense?
Thanks Shelton, gotcha. Yes, that may have worked but I have kept all the sky from the pano. The only way to add more sky is through AI, which I don't like to do. However, some of my individual shots may have more sky, I have yet to post process those, so will look into this when I get around to the editing the individual images.

This is a single image version of the image in the pano. Taken from a sligthly different perspective and closer to the two trees.

two trees-8.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 100

I will say out of the 2 pano ones I much prefer the 1st it to me has got the best look to it. But I never took it and therefore you should go with what you like more over what we all say.

Back