Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
From the Mdina battlements looking out over Malta towards Mosta.
Image 1: Takes in the entire view, it is a pano of three images. About a third of the way from the left edge near the sky-sea interface, you can just make out the giant domed Mosta Church.
view from Mdina over Malta-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 125

Image 2: In the second image you can see Mosta Dome zoomed in.
view from Mdina of Mosta-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 250

Image 3: The third image is a similar view to Image 2 but at night.
view from Mdina of Mosta-3.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/25 sec
  • ISO 32000

Great sky in that first one. If you want a hint for your night photos, try to take them while there is still some light in the sky. Makes a big difference.

Great sky in that first one. If you want a hint for your night photos, try to take them while there is still some light in the sky. Makes a big difference.
Thanks Richard, I agree the sky in the first image is intense. That is pretty rare for Malta which usually has big blue skies, so I thought the sky was very interesting over the Malta scene. In the night shot, I think the frame I took only had the sea in the background, I don’t think there is any sky. I wanted the composition to highlight dome and the strip of the illuminated built up area. So the dark patch in the foreground are the fields and the dark patch in the background is the sea. It would have been interesting to include some lighter sky, but I think I left it too late for that.

Fair enough. I’m in Sydney at the moment & I went to take a photo of the gate of Luna Park last night but I got there too late. The sky is black & they look pretty ordinary. I’ll have to go back another night.

Back